Taking Classes at a Community College?

I'm sure this has been asked before.

I haven't taken econ classes on the college level before and I am a college graduate. I was planning on taking a microeconomics course and a macroecon one this coming fall at my local community college. I might also enroll in a stats class as well.

Is this a safe route to take?

Would any admissions committee take issue with doing these courses at a community college instead of a four year institution?

• 2 weeks later...

So it doesn'tmatter if you meet the requirements at a university or a community college?

If youhad a choice between the two which would look better to admission's? Or is it totally irrelevent so long as anything is meet at an accredited institution?

Edited by Kevin1990

4 hours ago, Kevin1990 said:

So it doesn'tmatter if you meet the requirements at a university or a community college?

If youhad a choice between the two which would look better to admission's? Or is it totally irrelevent so long as anything is meet at an accredited institution?

Doesn't really matter where you do it, or even if you do it online, so long as it's accredited. Admissions committees don't care, and just want to know that you did it (and hopefully did it well). You should try to make sure they count for credit hours, so you'd get a transcript when you're done. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure they care about the prestige of the institution where you did the bulk of your degree, but in my case I took some classes 3 years after graduating or so, clearly in preparation for grad school. I think they view that differently, and like the fact that you're making an effort to understand what you're getting into. 

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, definitely do it. In some cases you may actually learn more at community college than the ultra-prestigious 4-year. Unless you're naturally talented I'd somewhat strongly recommend you not do micro/macro online and just do it in-person if possible. These courses are moderately demanding and community college is kind of awful for online (though usually decent to excellent in-person, depending on the school).