UCLA Fall 2017 - 2018 MSW Applicants

5 minutes ago, jmo890 said:

YAY! Congrats! Will you be attending?

It all depends whether or not I receive scholarships and/or fellowships since I'll be out of state. However, UCLA is my top choice! 

On 2/24/2017 at 8:13 PM, hollyg5 said:

It all depends whether or not I receive scholarships and/or fellowships since I'll be out of state. However, UCLA is my top choice! 

@hollyg5 @MarleneM congratulations to all! did you also apply by the dec 12 deadline for scholarships/fellowships? or did you submit jan 15?

17 hours ago, emily18ma said:

@hollyg5 @MarleneM congratulations to all! did you also apply by the dec 12 deadline for scholarships/fellowships? or did you submit jan 15?

Thank you! :) Yes, I applied Dec 14th and no word on the fellowship yet. I honestly don't know if I can accept the offer without any assistance...it's so expensive! 

6 hours ago, MarleneM said:

Thank you! :) Yes, I applied Dec 14th and no word on the fellowship yet. I honestly don't know if I can accept the offer without any assistance...it's so expensive! 

@MarleneM thanks for getting back to me! totally hear you, grad school is no joke. keeping my fingers crossed and hoping you get some good news your way! :) btw, based on last year's postings, it looks like the fellowship announcements came in March!

6 hours ago, ango186 said:

Omg.... I applied on December 14th and haven't heard anything yet.... now I'm getting really nervous....

Don't worry I'm sure you'll hear soon!

Hi everyone! New to gradcafe but have been aggressively stalking every forum. I just received my acceptance to UCLA and applied in January. Over the moon but am waiting to hear back from the other schools. Good luck to everyone!

To those of you that have already been accepted, do any of you mind sharing stats.  Upper division GPA and amount of service hours. I just got rejected by my top choice, UW Seattle, and I haven't heard from UCLA yet. I'm starting to freak out. I have a 3.9 upper division gpa but only about 1000 hours of service experience.

2 hours ago, ango186 said:

To those of you that have already been accepted, do any of you mind sharing stats.  Upper division GPA and amount of service hours. I just got rejected by my top choice, UW Seattle, and I haven't heard from UCLA yet. I'm starting to freak out. I have a 3.9 upper division gpa but only about 1000 hours of service experience.

Hi ango186, I also applied to UW and UCLA (on Dec.15th) and haven't heard for either yet. I'm getting worried too. My GPA was 3.85, I said I had over 3000+ hours of social service experience but really only around 1500 were what I would consider true social service experience. 

Were there other schools you applied to?

16 hours ago, ryyc said:

Hi everyone! New to gradcafe but have been aggressively stalking every forum. I just received my acceptance to UCLA and applied in January. Over the moon but am waiting to hear back from the other schools. Good luck to everyone!

Congrats!!! Do you know when we should hear about the fellowship? 

9 hours ago, Rose2017 said:

Hi ango186, I also applied to UW and UCLA (on Dec.15th) and haven't heard for either yet. I'm getting worried too. My GPA was 3.85, I said I had over 3000+ hours of social service experience but really only around 1500 were what I would consider true social service experience. 

Were there other schools you applied to?

I applied to uw ucla and Portland state, now that my top choice is out I'm really hoping for ucla , but I'm starting to worry in general... holding my breath to hear something soon. Best of luck to you.... let me know if you hear anything 

5 hours ago, ango186 said:

I applied to uw ucla and Portland state, now that my top choice is out I'm really hoping for ucla , but I'm starting to worry in general... holding my breath to hear something soon. Best of luck to you.... let me know if you hear anything 

Best of luck to you too! Hopefully we'll both hear back soon!

Hi everyone! I got my acceptance email from Tiffany too around 12 pm today!

I submitted my application on Jan. 15th!

Wishing you all good luck and sending everyone positive vibes as well!

Peace!

2 hours ago, Mishelay said:

Everyone I just received my Acceptance into the program today at 12 in the afternoon. I got an email from Tiffany with my letter attached!

Positive Vibes from all who are still waiting! 

1 hour ago, ohoh207 said:

Hi everyone! I got my acceptance email from Tiffany too around 12 pm today!

I submitted my application on Jan. 15th!

Wishing you all good luck and sending everyone positive vibes as well!

Peace!

Congratulations to both of you!! Is UCLA your first choice? Or are you deciding between a few programs? Good luck making your decisions!

33 minutes ago, Rose2017 said:

Congratulations to both of you!! Is UCLA your first choice? Or are you deciding between a few programs? Good luck making your decisions!

Thank you! Well UCLA is the only school I applied to so I am definitely going. I applied on Jan 15th as well. I thought I would have to wait longer for decisions but I am happy it came so soon. 

Edited by Mishelay

I haven't received any financial information. I am hoping to hear something about financial aid soon because I am a commuter I would like to know what would be better financially, moving or just staying where I am. 

On 3/6/2017 at 10:22 PM, Rose2017 said:

Thank you so much, Rose2017! 

Actually, I applied for USC, UCLA, and Cal State LA and I am trying to decide between USC and UCLA. I got $12,000 scholarship from USC but I am more leaning toward to UCLA!

How is it going with you? Good luck to you with your admissions as well!! 

4 hours ago, ohoh207 said:

Thank you so much, Rose2017! 

Actually, I applied for USC, UCLA, and Cal State LA and I am trying to decide between USC and UCLA. I got $12,000 scholarship from USC but I am more leaning toward to UCLA!

How is it going with you? Good luck to you with your admissions as well!!

Congratulations!! Good luck deciding both are great schools! I'm still waiting to hear from just about everyone - most all the schools I applied to said I'd hear from them by the end of March....

I did get into UConn but I'm waiting to hear about financial aid - I know every school's different but did you do anything aside from the basic application to get the USC scholarship?