UCLA Fall 2017 - 2018 MSW Applicants

1 hour ago, hairychosen said:

I've been checking this site obsessively..lol. I applied for the 1/15 deadline and haven't heard anything yet! Has anyone received any rejection letters yet? The waiting is soooo painful!

I'm with you. I applied Jan 15th. Haven't heard anything yet. 

Stats: 3.12 cumulative so far 3.72 major gpa doing last semester(spring17).Have taken coursework in social/child welfare, pos ttraumatic growth and resiliency for returning troops, traumatology and post traumatic growth using the heroes journey,policy courses, military studies for my intensive writing course, cross cultural courses.Will be graduating soon BSW17 Bachelors in social work. Volunteered over 100 hours with former foster youth and at a food pantry. Over 100 hours volunteering with veterans organization via American Legion. Over 100 hours volunteerinbg doing community repairs like stucco,landscaping and roofing in 3rd world countries while in the military. Over 50 hours volunteering giving sack lunches to the homeless.

I applied December 14... I have a master's 3.67 gpa. Need to take stats, though. Like others, I check email obsessively now... I think they accept about 100 applicants out of approx 500... UCLA is the only school I applied to. If not accepted, I'll apply to other programs. But I'll be bummed, for sure.

Edited by Hopeful2017!

On 3/9/2017 at 0:40 AM, Rose2017 said:

Congratulations!! Good luck deciding both are great schools! I'm still waiting to hear from just about everyone - most all the schools I applied to said I'd hear from them by the end of March....

I did get into UConn but I'm waiting to hear about financial aid - I know every school's different but did you do anything aside from the basic application to get the USC scholarship?

Hi Rose 2017! Sorry for late reply!

Thank you so much, Rose 2017!! Actually it is kinda torture making a decision... since I like my work... so if I go to UCLA.. I will have to resign from my work...  that's a big thing since I am not in my 20's anymore! ^^

Congratulations to you too with UConn! it's great school, too! :)))  About USC scholarship, I really didn't do anything else than application.. Hope you hear good news with your financial aid!! Wishing you the best of luck!! 

22 hours ago, ohoh207 said:

Hi Rose 2017! Sorry for late reply!

Thank you so much, Rose 2017!! Actually it is kinda torture making a decision... since I like my work... so if I go to UCLA.. I will have to resign from my work...  that's a big thing since I am not in my 20's anymore! ^^

Congratulations to you too with UConn! it's great school, too! :)))  About USC scholarship, I really didn't do anything else than application.. Hope you hear good news with your financial aid!! Wishing you the best of luck!! 

Thanks! Good luck making your decision! 

3 hours ago, 12sliders said:

THANKS! I hope to see you there. Which track are you going to be on?

I'm gonna do macro what about you?

1 hour ago, MarleneM said:

Has anyone heard from Financial Aid or CalSWEC ?

I haven't heard anything :(

On 3/16/2017 at 3:49 PM, jmo890 said:

I'm gonna do macro what about you?

I haven't heard anything :(

I am a student parent and relocating my entire family... need all the help I can get. If anyone knows if UCLA offers a student parent grant like UCB, please let me know. I called financial aid too late today and have sent many emails to try to get some information. Thanks!

On 3/17/2017 at 6:35 PM, MarleneM said:

I am a student parent and relocating my entire family... need all the help I can get. If anyone knows if UCLA offers a student parent grant like UCB, please let me know. I called financial aid too late today and have sent many emails to try to get some information. Thanks!

I haven't heard anything yet about financial aid or scholarships/fellowships. :(

50 minutes ago, 12sliders said:

For those who have heard back from UCLA how were you notified of your status whether accepted or rejected??

I received an email from Tiffany with an attached admittance letter. 

6 minutes ago, ryyc said:

I received an email from Tiffany with an attached admittance letter. 

Thank you! I'm hoping I'll receive the same. How long did they give you to respond to the offer?

23 minutes ago, 12sliders said:

Thank you! I'm hoping I'll receive the same. How long did they give you to respond to the offer?

No problem! Hoping for good news for you! The letter said to respond asap and no later than April 15th.

1 hour ago, 12sliders said:

For those who have heard back from UCLA how were you notified of your status whether accepted or rejected??

I received an email from Tiffany with my letter attached. On the 18th I received official admission from the graduate department and was able to accept my admission. 

12 minutes ago, Mishelay said:

I received an email from Tiffany with my letter attached. On the 18th I received official admission from the graduate department and was able to accept my admission. 

NICE! Had you applied by the Jan or Dec. deadline?

4 hours ago, hollyg5 said:

I haven't heard anything yet about financial aid or scholarships/fellowships. :(

I called financial aid and they did not have my social in order to access my FAFSA! Log into MyUCLA>Settings> enter SSN ! 

11 minutes ago, 12sliders said:

NICE! Had you applied by the Jan or Dec. deadline?

I applied on Jan 15th! I missed the December deadline. 

Just now, MarleneM said:

I called financial aid and they did not have my social in order to access my FAFSA! Log into MyUCLA>Settings> enter SSN ! 

Oh thanks MarleneM. I just logged on and entered my information. Did the financial aid office say anything about when we would have financial aid information after they have our ssn?

5 minutes ago, Mishelay said:

I applied on Jan 15th! I missed the December deadline. 

Oh thanks MarleneM. I just logged on and entered my information. Did the financial aid office say anything about when we would have financial aid information after they have our ssn?

I also applied for Jan 15th. Fingers crossed!!!