UCLA Fall 2017 - 2018 MSW Applicants

2 minutes ago, emily18ma said:

@Hopeful2017!@12sliders it's nice to know we're in this together!

I just called Tiffany btw and she said they are very close to wrapping up decisions and we should receive a notification (accept or deny) by end of week, and at the latest next week. Fingers crossed for those still waiting!!! 

Thanks for relaying this info! Wishing everyone who is still waiting the best of news!!

Edited by Hopeful2017!

9 minutes ago, emily18ma said:

@Hopeful2017!@12sliders it's nice to know we're in this together!

I just called Tiffany btw and she said they are very close to wrapping up decisions and we should receive a notification (accept or deny) by end of week, and at the latest next week. Fingers crossed for those still waiting!!! 

Emily you rock! Thank you for sharing that with us. I am so so nervous and PRAYING I get accepted. Good luck to you as well!!!

9 minutes ago, Hopeful2017! said:

Yes, I did! around 4:30 today I received acceptance email from Tiffany..!.. I really hope you and others still waiting get an acceptance email soon! I know the waiting is sooo hard... I'm rooting for you!!

omg congrats!!!

5 hours ago, 12sliders said:

No luck. Did not get in. 

:( I'm sorry to hear that, I hope you get in to the other schools you applied to!

Got denied. 1,000 plus hours volunteering with veterans,homeless,foster youth. Bachelors in social work graduating cum laude with honors this May.3.38 cumulative gpa 3.78 major gpa.Good luck everyone. BTW I did not even get an email. I found out by logging into the decisons website at 1am....https://appstatus.grad.ucla.edu/Account/AppStatus.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fAccount%2fLogin.aspx

Edited by mannyone

On March 24, 2017 at 4:02 PM, 12sliders said:

Thanks Mishelay!!

For those who got in and those who did not, would you please let us know your stats so we have an idea what they are accepting? This is helpful for future applicants using the site. Wish you luck at your other schools you applied to, honestly you see totally qualified applicants who don't get in, and some who you wouldn't expect to, who knows why. I do think you will get into a school, and that it will be a better fit and perhaps all this will be for the best. To those who got in, congratulations. When you applied, how did you record your GPA? I'm a transfer student from a CC to a UC.

14 hours ago, mannyone said:

Got denied. 1,000 plus hours volunteering with veterans,homeless,foster youth. Bachelors in social work graduating cum laude with honors this May.3.38 cumulative gpa 3.78 major gpa.Good luck everyone. BTW I did not even get an email. I found out by logging into the decisons website at 1am....https://appstatus.grad.ucla.edu/Account/AppStatus.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fAccount%2fLogin.aspx

@mannyone sorry to hear :( it sounds like you were more than a qualified candidate to me. Are you waiting on any other schools?

Also, when you logged in, what password did you use?

5 minutes ago, emily18ma said:

@mannyone sorry to hear :( it sounds like you were more than a qualified candidate to me. Are you waiting on any other schools?

Also, when you logged in, what password did you use?

nvm - I see you have to generate a PW. still no decision for me... looking bleak.

On 3/30/2017 at 11:49 AM, MarleneM said:

Have any of you received a CalSWEC application? Who is planning to attend the event next week?

I haven't received a CalSWEC application. :( I won't be attending the event because I'm out of state and that would just be too costly for a day trip. Hope it goes well!