Searching for schools with Animal Behavior/Ethology?

otohime

I am looking to apply to schools in animal behavior. My interest is wildlife biology and psychology, and I want to get into a research field that combines those things. Based on my searches, it seems that most schools in the US do not have that program or they are out of my price range. Am I searching for the right title or are the programs ever called something else that I'm missing?

Does anyone know of complete list of schools that offers animal behavior programs?

• 1 month later...

Hey you should be looking for "EBE" (sometimes EEB or something different) or evolution, behavior, and ecology programs. As in, the department is usually a sub-department within biology and combines those three disciplines. There are actually tonssss of programs that have PIs studying behavior in wild animals. Most large schools not known for a laser focus on math/engineering/medicine will have one.

Edited by breadwinner

As posted above, there are many PIs studying animal behavior outside of programs specifically called "Animal Behavior." In addition to Ecology or Ecology, Evolution, and Behavior (EEB), other possible department/program titles to explore are Biology, Biological Sciences, Integrative Biology, Zoology, Fisheries and Wildlife, and Neuroscience (this might be a good option for the psychology angle).

You will need to look at what the faculty are researching, not just the program name. For example, I am in the Ecology, Evolution, and Behavior program and the Integrative Biology Department at my school, but my lab studies wildlife behavior.