Just checked my email and I got a message from CSULB that I'm on the wait list :) Not surprised, everyone during the interview was so competitive! Congratulations to everyone who got in!! March is going by so quickly to me!

26 minutes ago, pbandj said:

Just checked my email and I got a message from CSULB that I'm on the wait list :) Not surprised, everyone during the interview was so competitive! Congratulations to everyone who got in!! March is going by so quickly to me!

Fingers crossed for you! Not sure if I'll accept, so if I don't, I hope it helps you out!

57 minutes ago, Elska said:

Fingers crossed for you! Not sure if I'll accept, so if I don't, I hope it helps you out!

Thank you so much, that means a lot! I'm grateful I have other options lined up already. I'm not sure I would accept if I get off the waitlist anyway lol so hopefully that might help someone else out! Congratulations on your acceptances, and good luck on making a decision :) 

Got my 1st acceptance to Uni. of Oregon, 2nd acceptance to Uni. of Minnesota Twin Cities and yesterday Portland State. CU Boulder rejected me and UW wait-listed me--a little bit sad because UW's Medical SLP is my top choice. But just like others mentioned, when I saw the first acceptance letter, I really felt relieved because I know that finally, I am going to grad school for real!

For those of you accepted into Emerson, how did you find out? I interviewed but have not heard anything. I assume that means I did not get in :( It would just be nice to get an answer.

13 minutes ago, elenaj said:

For those of you accepted into Emerson, how did you find out? I interviewed but have not heard anything. I assume that means I did not get in :( It would just be nice to get an answer.

They sent me an email to check my portal. Have you logged into your portal recently? I'm not sure if they admit/reject in waves... maybe they do!

1 hour ago, elenaj said:

Did you interview for the low residency program or the regular program? It sounds like some people have been notified for the regular program but not the low residency program. I applied for the low residency program and I have an interview with them on the 23rd. The priority application deadline was March 6th so I'm sure they have more applications to go through. 

I was accepted into Texas Tech today, about a week after my interview. It was noted at the end of the interview that acceptances were going out in waves. I want to wait until all my results roll in, but I most likely will not be accepting this offer due to the location and clinical placements. 

4 hours ago, plume said:

They sent me an email to check my portal. Have you logged into your portal recently? I'm not sure if they admit/reject in waves... maybe they do!

I've tried checking that but there are no updates to it since the interview. Thank you anyway!

3 hours ago, BeachySpeechy said:

Did you interview for the low residency program or the regular program? It sounds like some people have been notified for the regular program but not the low residency program. I applied for the low residency program and I have an interview with them on the 23rd. The priority application deadline was March 6th so I'm sure they have more applications to go through. 

I applied to the regular program. Good luck to you! 

3 hours ago, jmk said:

I was accepted into Texas Tech today, about a week after my interview. It was noted at the end of the interview that acceptances were going out in waves. I want to wait until all my results roll in, but I most likely will not be accepting this offer due to the location and clinical placements. 

Out of curiosity, what about their clinical placements?

47 minutes ago, evesims07 said:

I'm so excited, I was accepted at MGH with great funding.

It was a little weird, I got an email first, then a call from Dr Lof.

Congrats!!! 

11 hours ago, tvl said:

Out of curiosity, what about their clinical placements?

A question was asked during the interview if I would be willing to drive 1-2 hours one way for clinical placements. The university is located in such a small town, and with a cohort of 40, they can't find placements for all students in the town, especially students seeking more "specialty" placements down the line. I would rather be in a larger town with more placement opportunities (besides social life/vibe)! 

1 hour ago, jmk said:

A question was asked during the interview if I would be willing to drive 1-2 hours one way for clinical placements. The university is located in such a small town, and with a cohort of 40, they can't find placements for all students in the town, especially students seeking more "specialty" placements down the line. I would rather be in a larger town with more placement opportunities (besides social life/vibe)! 

I've heard West Texas A&M does the same thing and I believe Texas Tech is nearby so makes sense. Darn, that is such a bummer! At least you have other options! :)

15 minutes ago, SLPsingballs said:

I have been accepted at Radford University!!  So excited to finally get accepted somewhere.  I was beginning to get real worried.

Congrats!!! That first acceptance is such a relieving feeling. I'm wishing you a few more acceptances, and closer to CA! 

1 hour ago, jmk said:

Congrats!!! That first acceptance is such a relieving feeling. I'm wishing you a few more acceptances, and closer to CA! 

Thank you!!  It is a huge distance, that's for sure.  If I get accepted elsewhere, it will be a tough decision.  I wish you some west coast acceptances too!!

How was your interview with EWU?  I had mine yesterday, and Skype was a mess for me, but the interview wasn't bad at all.

4 hours ago, kenz said:

I went to an info session at UNC-Greensboro today if anyone has any general questions they may have gone over!

I'm curious about their clinical placements and whether they have more of a medical or school focus--my thought is that it's about equal? I'm planning on applying there next year and appreciate any insight! Thanks!

I got rejected by Arkansas today. I was totally expecting it and wasn't planning on attending since I've been accepted to more affordable programs, so I'm not bummed. It's just nice to have closure from one more school. 

In other news, I think someone on the results page applied to almost all of the schools I applied to. I keep seeing their results pop up at the same time as mine. It's weird because I have yet to find someone who applied to some of the programs I did, I feel like most people are applying to West Coast or East Coast schools. If you're lurking here, hi! :D