My applications are complete and my professors finally submitted their letters of recommendation! It's becoming real! Now all I have to do is sit around and anxiously watch for the rejections responses to come in. 

On Friday, January 13, 2017 at 0:45 PM, eseteacher said:

Anyone else already starting to be crazy impatient? I feel that I submitted all my applications that I wanted to submit and now its all just a waiting game. How do you deal with the waiting? 

I am definitely impatient, keep trying to tell myself I won't know for a long time. Also trying to focus on school is hard when you apps are in and you could be going to grad school next fall

Does anyone know if the NYU acceptances posted in the results forum yesterday and today are for the online program or the on campus program? I thought they weren't reviewing applications for the on campus program until 2/1 :unsure:

18 hours ago, Nicole Bat said:

Hey guys,

Anyone else attending Sacred Heart University interviews in February? 

Hi Nicole! I am also attending a Sacred Heart University interview in February. 

Hi everyone! I wanted to join this forum because I am also applying during the 2017 application season!

I have finished my application for all 10 schools and now I'm just waiting, which is the worse part so far! I applied to Boston University, Emerson College, Northeastern University, Umass Amherst, Worcester State, Bridgewater State, UNH, URI, Mercy College and College of St. Rose

48 minutes ago, jacquelyn22g said:

Hi everyone! I wanted to join this forum because I am also applying during the 2017 application season!

I have finished my application for all 10 schools and now I'm just waiting, which is the worse part so far! I applied to Boston University, Emerson College, Northeastern University, Umass Amherst, Worcester State, Bridgewater State, UNH, URI, Mercy College and College of St. Rose

Congratulations on finishing up your applications! Now to play the dreadful waiting game...

As a side note, I didn't realize Bridgewater State offered an MS (only the BS is mentioned on EdFind). Do you happen to know if it's a new program?

5 hours ago, kate775 said:

Hi Nicole! I am also attending a Sacred Heart University interview in February. 

Hi Kate! Do you have any information on what to expect? I saw that you're from Connecticut and I was wondering if you know someone that has interviewed for this program. Thank you and good luck to us! :) 

19 hours ago, Nicole Bat said:

Hi Kate! Do you have any information on what to expect? I saw that you're from Connecticut and I was wondering if you know someone that has interviewed for this program. Thank you and good luck to us! :) 

I actually don't have any information about the program. Since it's still relatively new I don't know anyone who has interviewed here yet. I read on here that last year the group was spilt into two and they worked on a case study. I'm not sure if that's what they mean by problem based learning activity or if we'll be doing something different. I also read that a one-on-one interview took place with two different people and that it was pretty relaxed and the interviewers were very nice. Other than that I really have no idea what to expect. 

I did not know until after the fact that LORs that aren't waved are taken less seriously than those that are waved, otherwise I would have waved my rights to view my letters. Since it's too late now though, I'd actually like to view my LORs for each school, but I don't know how to do this since there isn't a link or anything on any of my applications. Does anyone have any ideas?

22 hours ago, kenz said:

I did not know until after the fact that LORs that aren't waved are taken less seriously than those that are waved, otherwise I would have waved my rights to view my letters. Since it's too late now though, I'd actually like to view my LORs for each school, but I don't know how to do this since there isn't a link or anything on any of my applications. Does anyone have any ideas?

Darn!! But I'm pretty sure CSDCAS doesn't supply the letters, you'd have to ask whoever wrote them if you could look at them. 

Hi all! I applied to UCONN, Southern, and MGH. I wish everyone good luck over the next few weeks as acceptances hopefully start coming in. Does anyone know if we have to submit a new transcript for Academic Update on CSDCAS? I haven't yet. My friend who also applied to MGH called them and was basically told that it doesn't matter because they won't look at your application twice.

On Rabiʻ II 30, 1438 AH at 8:02 PM, kenz said:

Hello.. I guess that if you get enrolled you will have access to these LORs, if not you will don't get to see it.

Edited by Hadir

10 hours ago, mhis said:

Hi all! I applied to UCONN, Southern, and MGH. I wish everyone good luck over the next few weeks as acceptances hopefully start coming in. Does anyone know if we have to submit a new transcript for Academic Update on CSDCAS? I haven't yet. My friend who also applied to MGH called them and was basically told that it doesn't matter because they won't look at your application twice.

Hi! I'm pretty sure once your transcript is verified you do not have to submit a new academic update! lmk if that helps!

11 hours ago, mhis said:

If you're updating your grades during Academic Update you need to submit a new transcript to CSDCAS in order for those new grades to be officially "verified." But every school is different. One of my schools would not look at my application until my Academic Update grades were in (because one of them was a prerequisite grade). Some schools say to send your updated transcript direct to them. Some, as another poster mentioned above, won't look at your application twice so the Academic Update doesn't matter.

If you don't have any grades to update you don't need to complete an Academic Update/submit a new transcript at all.

On 8/9/2016 at 3:11 PM, ElKel87 said:

Out-of-field/career changing applicant (completed undergrad in 2009), applying for Fall 2017! Very impressed and maybe a little intimidated by everything I've been reading on this forum. I've spent this year taking pre-reqs online through Northwestern's Pre Speech Pathology program and I'm just excited to get going on applications!

Anyone here applying to schools in the NY area? I'm looking at Columbia, NYU, CUNY Hunter and NY Medical College.

Hi there! I have a question about taking the SLP pre-reqs online through NU's program. I applied there for this Fall 2017 and I saw that one of the mandatory pre-reqs they require is Aural Rehab and I didn't take that course during my undergraduate but saw that it's offered online and I could take it before starting the program. If you took this course, what did you think of it? How are their online courses set up?

I got contacted to do an interview by a school! (Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center) There was the option between video and in person, which was very hard to make over a quick phone call (I live in San Francisco). I hope I didn't sound too silly fumbling around while quickly trying to pull up a calendar. I decided to do the video interview, which I will definitely need to practice for! 

10 hours ago, SLPtobe1093 said:

Hi! I'm pretty sure once your transcript is verified you do not have to submit a new academic update! lmk if that helps!

Thanks for the reply. My transcripts are all verified, but that was before my fall grades were finalized and before my spring classes that I am in now showed up on my transcript. This fall, I took Physics of Music as the physical science prerequisite, and I am currently taking Intro to 2nd Language Acquisition and Psycholinguistics, two classes that are nicely related to speech path even though my school doesn't have comm. disorders. Just wondering if it would be beneficial to have the grade from physics and the name of those classes on my official transcript. I did input them to CSDCAS, but they weren't on my transcript yet. 

9 hours ago, ElKel87 said:

If you're updating your grades during Academic Update you need to submit a new transcript to CSDCAS in order for those new grades to be officially "verified." But every school is different. One of my schools would not look at my application until my Academic Update grades were in (because one of them was a prerequisite grade). Some schools say to send your updated transcript direct to them. Some, as another poster mentioned above, won't look at your application twice so the Academic Update doesn't matter.

If you don't have any grades to update you don't need to complete an Academic Update/submit a new transcript at all.

I do have grades to update, but I'm not sure if I should spend the time on it. Should I call each school and ask?

18 hours ago, Tulip55 said:

Hi there! I have a question about taking the SLP pre-reqs online through NU's program. I applied there for this Fall 2017 and I saw that one of the mandatory pre-reqs they require is Aural Rehab and I didn't take that course during my undergraduate but saw that it's offered online and I could take it before starting the program. If you took this course, what did you think of it? How are their online courses set up?

Hi! That's actually the one online course they offer that I didn't take! None of my schools required it. But I took 4 other courses online there and loved them. I think it varies depending on the professor, some were more involved than others. The work is assigned by week but there is no set time you are required to log in, you just have to complete the assignments on time, usually by 11:59pm CST every Sunday. It's all done through Canvas - which is basically like Blackboard, but easier to navigate I thought. Most professors post a weekly lecture, either via narrated powerpoint or video, and then there are readings and weekly graded discussion board posts, along with various other assignments. Overall I found the workload for all the courses I took to be pretty manageable while working full time. If that's the only course you'll be taking at the time you should be totally fine. If you have any other questions about the way the online courses are set up, feel free to message me!

15 hours ago, mhis said:

I do have grades to update, but I'm not sure if I should spend the time on it. Should I call each school and ask?

Personally I would check with each school just in case. Everyone seems to have a different preference. Ideally they would tell you that you can just email them your unofficial transcripts directly so you can avoid the whole CSDCAS thing!

@jmk I also got accepted to NAU yesterday!

I also got an email from Boston University offering me an interview. Hopefully they don't think less of the skype interviews, cause thats probably what I will have to do since I live on the west coast.