Recommendations for Quantitative programs in Sociology

Highland Cow

I have been browsing schools so far and have a hard time finding programs that do a lot of quantitative sociology (combined with qualitative or theory)

Cornell seems to have a few faculty members. But the rest, I am having a hard time. 

A bit of story: I have MA in economics and transitioning to sociology. I enjoy doing quantitative work (which I seem to be good at) and want to add a dimension of qualitative and theory to it.

Any recommendations of schools, programs, faculty?

Many thanks

• 4 weeks later...

ummmm... just about any mainstream American sociology department has a bunch of people doing quantitative work... If you're having a hard time finding departments that do quant work, then you should get your eyes checked! At any event, you need a substantive focus, not just a methodological one. 

6 hours ago, MaxWeberHasAPosse said:

ummmm... just about any mainstream American sociology department has a bunch of people doing quantitative work... If you're having a hard time finding departments that do quant work, then you should get your eyes checked! At any event, you need a substantive focus, not just a methodological one. 

As i see it, the OP did not say they were having a tough time finding a department with quantitative work, but rather that they were looking for a place where that work is combined with qualitative analysis and/or theory. That is not always easy to find; most departments ask you to identify a narrow niche early on.

• 2 weeks later...