MFA 2017 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

thebestartistintheworld

On 3/3/2017 at 9:11 PM, oliveoil said:

Hi! @disjunctivesyllogism @jnhjnh I had an interview with RISD on February 20th for the graphic design 2 yr program. There were two other people interviewing the same day that I was there for the 3 year graphic design program... so I think that they already sent out interview requests. :( 

Oh no ?

On 3/4/2017 at 5:58 AM, emilydebroux said:

Hey everyone- I'm new to this site, specifically joined because of the MFA discussion- side note- are there other MFA discussion - or professional artist forums out there? 

I applied to Yale and Hunter, (painting program) denied, denied. 

I also applied to Boston University Painting dep- got an interview, haven't heard back yet. 

What are the reasons why a person wouldn't be accepted? Does anyone want to take a look at my stuff and give me a harsh critique, seriously? Does this matter- I have nothing on my CV- sad I know. I'm 25, what can I do to improve my chances for next year? Should I focus on the work, my CV, statement? 

I know this question is super ambiguous, let me know if anyone has any thoughts. 

My work can be found here- my site

Thanks, Emily ^_^

I like your paintings

Howdy everyone, I have been reading the more resent posts for a couple days now. Im applying for printmaking, so far I have gotten rejected from one place and have an interview at purchase. I haven't heard back from Uconn, Ohio state and Indiana Bloomington yet. Purchase was the only application that I didn't list the size or medium of my pieces.

1 hour ago, jguar4 said:

Howdy everyone, I have been reading the more resent posts for a couple days now. Im applying for printmaking, so far I have gotten rejected from one place and have an interview at purchase. I haven't heard back from Uconn, Ohio state and Indiana Bloomington yet. Purchase was the only application that I didn't list the size or medium of my pieces.

Welcome stranger - there are other printmakers on this forum who are also applying during this cycle. 

4 minutes ago, Dreaminghigh said:

Thank you! They called and emailed 

Awesome! I had my interview for Sound Arts last Monday and they told me I'd hear within a week; I also missed a call from NY this morning but when I called back it was spam lol so I'm kind of freaking out hahahaha. Nonetheless I'm amazingly happy for you. Congrats. :)

1 hour ago, chikapea said:

Hi all! Did anyone that had an interview with Univeristy of Oregon or Boston University hear back yet? Thanks! 

Hi!

Don't know if it helps but I applied to BU's MFA in Graphic Design program. Had an interview on February 21st and got an acceptance email on February 28th.

4 minutes ago, Kamari said:

Awesome! I had my interview for Sound Arts last Monday and they told me I'd hear within a week; I also missed a call from NY this morning but when I called back it was spam lol so I'm kind of freaking out hahahaha. Nonetheless I'm amazingly happy for you. Congrats. :)

Thank you! They said all decisions would come out around mid to late march. Give it some more time. 

On 2/23/2017 at 10:57 PM, hastr683 said:

For UMich people-- I just got a Linked-In request from Meghan Jellema, the Grad Program Coordinator. Wondering if this went out to everyone who was interviewed, or if means something.... 

Same thing happened to me, haven't heard a peep aside from that. Kind of getting mixed signals now that others are getting interviews and accepted already. What does it mean??