MFA 2017 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

thebestartistintheworld

15 hours ago, chikapea said:

I applied for painting as well and was waitlisted. Notified by email a couple of weeks ago. 

Oh okay they didn't email me at all, so I must not be waitlisted. Thanks and good luck to you!

5 hours ago, Echo_in_ground said:

Had my interview on Tuesday and got on offer yesterday, Thursday from the RCA.

Suddenly feeling conflicted about whether it's a good move doing a MFA, anyone else feel worried they're making a mistake? I guess if It wasn't London and expensive to live here I felt less conflicted. 

I haven't been feeling conflicted about doing my MFA. However doing an MFA is a big comment that requires a lot from a person. You want to be sure that this is something you want to do. If you walk into the program with a half heart, it will make your time at an MFA program much more challenging. 

3 hours ago, Pfox said:

For what program? I had an interview and I thought it went well for painting, but I just keep getting emails from them about their program and no acceptance letter :/ 

Photo.

How long ago was your interview? It took ~3 weeks after mine to get a decision, and I see from other posts in this thread that their acceptances have been sent out on all different days -- so I wouldn't worry so much!

5 hours ago, Echo_in_ground said:

Had my interview on Tuesday and got on offer yesterday, Thursday from the RCA.

Suddenly feeling conflicted about whether it's a good move doing a MFA, anyone else feel worried they're making a mistake? I guess if It wasn't London and expensive to live here I felt less conflicted. 

I'm having second thoughts about the cities I might move to, but if I don't get into those programs I'll be scrambling for Winter session admission in Germany or elsewhere in EU. So, I think you have normal nerves and should focus on your professional goals, expensive city or not. :) 

14 hours ago, Artsy2017 said:

Dear Admission gods,

Just come to a decision already! My inbox is on the brink of a nervous breakdown and my index finger is tired of refreshing this freak-out-forum. At this point, it doesn't matter what the decision is, JUST GIVE IT TO ME!

Looking very, very forward to your response.

godspeed,

Your loving MFA Applicant

So happy I'm not the only one feeling left alone in a desert with no water.

16 hours ago, Vespertine said:

Accepted to RISD!! Ahh 

raw

So I took a random online quiz to see the ideal city for me to live in. The result: Rochester.

RIT, send me some kind of notification now please T^T

3 minutes ago, gigigigi said:

Got an email from RISD saying I could see my decision on my online application and of course it was a rejection 

So sorry to hear that. Was RISD your top choice?

41 minutes ago, Vespertine said:

Photo.

How long ago was your interview? It took ~3 weeks after mine to get a decision, and I see from other posts in this thread that their acceptances have been sent out on all different days -- so I wouldn't worry so much!

Three weeks ago yesterday- flew out there in person - very annoyed my interviewer got switched from a painter to a sculptor - the interview strayed from my art pretty quick and ended up talking about charity work I do:/ not sure if that helped or not lol 

I got an interview schedualed at cal arts tomorrow! Got the email today! Shit is still coming in guys don't loose hope yet!! Interview in two hours in Los Angeles :) Ima be an interview pro! 4 down two to go! 

Still haven't heard from Ottis, asu, u of a , ft Collins, Seattle and Long Beach state 

On Wednesday, March 08, 2017 at 8:15 PM, thiswildballoon said:

I got accepted to Moore and they said that I won't hear about funding until the end of this week via mail. But after reading through some of these posts I think some people get funding with their acceptance letters if the school really wants them I guess.

That's great you were admitted.

I was only informally accepted, I am still waiting for the real deal! Ha.

A lot of waiting, no wonder it's a virtue :)

1 hour ago, AnniKatt said:

So I took a random online quiz to see the ideal city for me to live in. The result: Rochester.

RIT, send me some kind of notification now please T^T

LOL, can you forward me this quiz?

5 minutes ago, Kamari said:

All people waiting to hear from Columbia post interview. I just got off of the phone with a current student and was informed that he was notified 2 weeks post interview before he was accepted.

Don't count yourselves out just yet! :D

Thank you for the information! What discipline did the current student apply for? 

Also waitlisted for Cornell. 

I'm waitlisted for three schools and all of them after interview. Maybe my interview skills aren't as good as I thought :/

Starting feel like I'm not "good enough" for these big schools, or, I'm just an ungrateful bastard 

Wonder this means no funding oppotunity for Cornell.. 

Fingers crossed, everyone! 

Edited by 7edkim

(Painting focus)

Accepted to: MICA Hoffberger, Boston University, SMFA, Syracuse University

Rejected from: University of Chicago, UNC Chapel Hill, Cornell University 

Still waiting to hear back from: RISD, SAIC, Indiana University Bloomington 

Edited by MarCStudio

31 minutes ago, 7edkim said:

Also waitlisted for Cornell. 

I'm waitlisted for three schools and all of them after interview. Maybe my interview skills aren't as good as I thought :/

Starting feel like I'm not "good enough" for these big schools, or, I'm just an ungrateful bastard 

Wonder this means no funding oppotunity for Cornell.. 

Fingers crossed, everyone! 

Don't beat yourself up! Big schools are really picky and art is so subjective it's not something easily quantifiable. Just know you're not alone in all your feelings of doubt!! We're all here with you!!!

4 hours ago, Dreaminghigh said:

I haven't been feeling conflicted about doing my MFA. However doing an MFA is a big comment that requires a lot from a person. You want to be sure that this is something you want to do. If you walk into the program with a half heart, it will make your time at an MFA program much more challenging. 

It's not really a matter of lacking in commitment to the work, it's cost and practicality that's making me hesitate. The interviewer spoke of students commuting from Ireland as well as students having three jobs while attending.

It'll be the first time I'll be going into any real debt since my previous two degrees were free thanks to the EU, that's probably why I feel a little spooked. I'm currently in London working on a project with a gallery so it's been eye opening seeing the cost of living expenses while here.