Speech Grad School application advice

Hello,

I am currently a senior in college about to start the application process for a master in speech language pathology. I am very nervous and stressed about the process and am worried about not being accepted. 

I am truly passionate about speech and have extensive field work and experience in their area but am on the lower side regarding GPA. 

Does anyone have any recommendations for schools to apply to that look less into GPA? Or that I may have any easier chance at getting accepted to?

thanks for your help!

When I first joined, I read like all the posts on this forum. There is a lot of great information in all those pages lol. I am graduating Dec 17 or May 18 and I'm nervous too.  What is your GPA? GRE score? What part of the US are you located?

Edited by CajunSLP18

This forum has some great resources. Search "less competitive SLP programs" and you will find a couple of lists. I also suggest reading the signatures of people to find people with lower GPAs and where they were accepted. I'm not sure if any schools specifically don't care much about GPA. Some schools look at the last 60 credits - if that is favorable for you, you can search topics on this forum for lists of schools that look at the last 60. 

Every school is different. Some have a minimum GPA requirement, others don't. Some schools rate each part of your application from 1-5 and choose from their highest-ranking students. Some look at each application individually without rating them. Generally, a good GPA in prerequisites can offset a bad GPA in other classes. If you are comfortable, can you be more specific about your stats and grades? 

Good luck!