HGSE Fall 2010

amyeray

TSL, my letter was the same, and I also applied to both Ed.D & Ed.M. I don't know if we're rejected from both. The letter just says "graduate study," which could either mean we're rejected from both or that they simply have one generic letter that gets posted as soon as you're rejected from anything. I don't really care about being admitted to Ed.M because I'm attending another school instead (just checked the box as a backup, in case I didn't get into any doctoral programs), but if I were you I'd probably give them a call.

amelapay, I have just received e-mail from HGSE and it says the decision letter is "purposefully general" to encompass both the Ed.D. and Ed.M. lol

but it seems like you are going to Columbia Ph.D, so congrat!

amelapay, I have just received e-mail from HGSE and it says the decision letter is "purposefully general" to encompass both the Ed.D. and Ed.M. lol

but it seems like you are going to Columbia Ph.D, so congrat!

Thanks for following up on that!

Haha, "purposefully general" = cryptically nonspecific , in my opinion :rolleyes:

And also thanks for the congrats. Hope things work out for you, too!

Columbia Ph.D, that's very, very significant!! You didn't get the Ferrari, but your consolation prize is a Lamborghini :)

More stress. Lots of applicants this year? Yet at the same time, I just inked a deal that will double my school's campus as my enrollment just shot up at the last minute (the Korean school year starts in March); I'm beginning to worry if I can even take the time off; I'm scrambling for qualified teachers, and things have to be stabilize so that my school can run on autopilot/videoconferencing if/when I'm in Boston. Nerves fraying; time passes like continental drift...

It's been quiet here for awhile. How is everyone doing with the wait? I expect that we will all hear good news this time next week. Until then keep the faith, because worrying won't help!

Is anyone else having trouble logging into their application?

try this link: https://app.applyyourself.com/?id=HARVARD-ED

You should be able to log in and see your application from there.

We had a troll here, jumping down with blithering condescension the throats of anyone who dared express any sense of worry . Think he's gone now.

I'm getting killed with classes; I am actually teaching in my dreams at this point. This is not healthy; I had more time off when I was in the U.S. Army!

I just received an email that my decision (accepted!) for a Masters in Educational Policy and Management was on the application website. Does anyone know when financial aid decisions will be available or are typically available?

Should I take the fact that I have not received an email or status change as a rejection???

It seems like everyone else has received the decision, am I the only that has not???

Congrats to all those that have been accepted :D

Should I take the fact that I have not received an email or status change as a rejection???

It seems like everyone else has received the decision, am I the only that has not???

Congrats to all those that have been accepted biggrin.gif

Im no expert, but I dont think you should take it as a rejection especially if your online application doesnt have an admissions deicsion link. They may just still be posting them. All the best w/grad school admissions. :)

Congrats to all those that have been accepted biggrin.gif

Hi, I don't think so - I applied for AIE program but got rejection this morning (goodbye my dream program), so I think you can be positive and keep waiting for the inividual notice sent by the admission office.

Congrats to everyone by the way smile.gif

I can't believe this. I should be elated. There's no way I can take a sabbatical this year; my school is still small, it's in a big growth phase right now, and I've subconsciously known this for some time, that it would be like jumping out of a car, leaving it driverless for ten months. Now everything is clear and I have to admit the reality of the situation to myself.

What are the odds that they will let me defer one year?? I'm forced to choose either the Ed.M., or everything I've built in the past two years.

If they don't let me defer, I guess that's good news for anyone on the waitlist. I should be happy like everyone else, yet I'm basically more upset than had I gotten a flat out rejection. When I applied, I had no way of knowing things would change so much at my school.

To make things worse, because of the nature of these changes, I absolutely must switch to IEP or else the studies (I don't need the degree itself other than a wall ornament) would be pointless. I thought I could use further education as a teacher, but now I'm wearing the headmaster hat far more; I need to study policy in a big way.

Will be on the phone with them first thing in the morning. This isn't looking good, and I'll probably sound like a complete idiot. Circumstances can change quickly though, I can't help any of this. I will bet that I will have to reapply even if I get a deferral, due to the program switch.

Shit.

Edited by kismetcapitan

yay!

got the message, so im in for the 2010-2011 TIE program! :)

anyone else going to the Los Angeles admitted students reception this Sunday? if so, see you there! ;)

I'll be there!!!! I was accepted into the AIE program. Still in shock. And thrilled.

congrats to everyone!!!

Thanks for the info, kismetcapitan! Were you able to switch programs or do you have to reapply again?

just masters. I think I saw someone post that Ed.D folks who got sent over to the Ed.M pile had hear that 26th March was when they were going to notify those people.