The Graduate Institute Geneva(IHEID) 2017-2018

I am so so glad to find this thread. 

Since everyone's saying decision came out last year on March 20th, should we assume that the decision for everybody will be out on the same day? Or will they be updating results as they decide? If it's in March, checking the status twice a day does not make any sense whatsoever, just adds to the anxiety. 

23 minutes ago, Pasha said:

Since everyone's saying decision came out last year on March 20th, should we assume that the decision for everybody will be out on the same day? Or will they be updating results as they decide? If it's in March, checking the status twice a day does not make any sense whatsoever, just adds to the anxiety. 

yes, mid march for everyone. i wish it was on a rolling basis though :/

15 hours ago, Pasha said:

Last year I think it came out on March 22, so I guess it will be in the week after March 20. Too long of a wait!!

21 hours ago, Pasha said:

@Pasha Welcome aboard! To the nerve racking wait :(

It was all thanks to @Yagizoztepe for making this thread.

4 hours ago, Nupur11 said:

Hi guys, I am an international student (India), recently I have applied to IHEID for MIA. Anyone here knows what their acceptance rate is?

For all courses, IHEID had in previous years an acceptance rate of 25%. But some popular courses such as MIA/Development have a lower acceptance rate than history.

3 hours ago, CakeTea said:

For all courses, IHEID had in previous years an acceptance rate of 25%. But some popular courses such as MIA/Development have a lower acceptance rate than history.

Thanks, I am all the more antsy now. You applied to IHEID as well?

Hi guys, I applied to IHEID for MIA, I already have a Masters in Economics, partially fluent in French and 6 month work ex. My application went for evaluation this Monday, don't know how long it will take :mellow:. My GPA is above 3.3 but not all that great. ANYONE HERE WHO HAS APPLIED FOR MIA AS WELL?

Hey guys! 

I just saw that dates for admission deadline and decision notifications has moved to 1st March and early April respectively. 

Is this for everyone or only for the students applying for the late deadline? 

It will so difficult to wait until April ?

Could anyone confirm the change in dates please? 

1 hour ago, Vivere said:

Welcome @Makonti, @Nupur11 and @Asaad Khan

I have applied for MDev..... and dying a little everyday while waiting. @Akansha is my pillar of patience cuz her wait is worst than mine. 

And the whole news of decisions by early April has been depressing. 

Hi, I'm think it's for the late deadline (March). Anyone who has completed the application by 15th Jan should hear by March mid, the webinars on their websites indicated so. 

On 2/16/2017 at 4:04 AM, Vivere said:

I have applied for MDev..... and dying a little everyday while waiting. @Akansha is my pillar of patience cuz her wait is worst than mine. 

Thank you! @Vivere. Early April is the decision notification time line for late admission deadline ( 1 March). We will have our decisions by mid march. The situation is not that depressing after all. The remaining days of Feb are a bit boring. After the first week of March, it will be quite a thrill with application follow ups. :P I wish good luck to all the applicants :D

On 2/16/2017 at 5:34 PM, Vivere said:

Ahahahaha, i have been LITERALLY striking off days on my calendar since September (since the entire ordeal started then). March seems so far :c Feb doesn't seem to end! (& it is supposed to be the shortest month!) :'(

2 hours ago, Akansha said:

Ahahahaha, i have been LITERALLY striking off days on my calendar since September (since the entire ordeal started then). March seems so far :c Feb doesn't seem to end! (& it is supposed to be the shortest month!) :'(

I know right, this is going to a loooooong wait. Again, any MIA applicants because everyone seems to be MDev applicants

Who also applied for ScPo PSIA? I applied both programs on 13 Jan and I think they will both release the result mid-march? I kind of have a panic attack tonight starting to prepare for Plan B- finding a job, even though I am still doing a NGO internship in Cairo...

Many of my colleagues either they are ScPo graduates or worked in UN Geneva before, both programs both share high reputation in IR/NGO, hope I can get in, because it's too hard to find a job/paid internship with only bachelor degree and six-month NGO work experience :(

7 hours ago, Sade1122 said:

Who also applied for ScPo PSIA? I applied both programs on 13 Jan and I think they will both release the result mid-march? I kind of have a panic attack tonight starting to prepare for Plan B- finding a job, even though I am still doing a NGO internship in Cairo...

Many of my colleagues either they are ScPo graduates or worked in UN Geneva before, both programs both share high reputation in IR/NGO, hope I can get in, because it's too hard to find a job/paid internship with only bachelor degree and six-month NGO work experience :(

Hi, which NGOs have you worked with?