HGSE 2017

aina7

3 hours ago, pj060690 said:

I hope they stick to the 1st Friday!

Dear lord, me too! I'm just counting down the days and have blocked off Friday evening in case I need to celebrate or commiserate! 

10 hours ago, Int_EdPolicy said:

I remember someone saying a little while back in this thread that the School Leadership Masters is in all likelihood the most competitive program at HGSE to get into. Can any current student or alum shed light on the perceived competitiveness of the Mind, Brain and Education program? I think i'd be a good fit, but kinda down right now as I just re-read my personal statement and realized that a lot of sections could've been revised to reflect my experiences and interest specifically about children's cognition, and not just effective learning environments that I talked about a lot (which sounds too generic now).

I heard or read that the most competitive Med programs are Education Policy, Higher Education, International Education Policy, and Technology Innovation Education.

Edited by goldenangel1

1 hour ago, goldenangel1 said:

I heard or read that the most competitive Med programs are Education Policy, Higher Education, International Education Policy, and Technology Innovation Education.

Current IEP student here. I don't think that's true necessarily. You just listed all the biggest programs. Presumably they have the most applicants too, but HGSE doesn't need to reject anyone they feel is qualified (there is no cap) so they let in as many students as they think are a good match. As for MBE, I really don't know, I've met maybe one person here in that program lol. It's not very big.

I definitely didn't get into the Ed. L., but am hoping so much for the masters. I am so nervous. I hope that we don't have to wait until March 7th. I feel so anxious. I just wish we knew.

Edited by lmckee

I've been going through the HGSE threads of past cohorts and have noticed that kind-hearted folks with insider knowledge have informed those of us on tenterhooks when to expect a decision for the Ed.M. programs. Any such savior lurking in these parts this time round? 

Edited by Int_EdPolicy

On 2/27/2017 at 11:20 AM, Int_EdPolicy said:

I've been going through the HGSE threads of past cohorts and have noticed that kind-hearted folks with insider knowledge have informed those of us on tenterhooks when to expect a decision for the Ed.M. programs. Any such savior lurking in these parts this time round? 

I don't know officially, but I believe it's definitely going to happen by the end of this week because we (the current students) were asked to make congratulatory/welcome phone calls to accepted students on March 7. And that happens *after* you have received your decision online. :)

1 hour ago, Vulpix said:

I don't know officially, but I believe it's definitely going to happen by the end of this week because we (the current students) were asked to make congratulatory/welcome phone calls to accepted students on March 7. And that happens *after* you have received your decision online. :)

Thanks for letting us know!!! At least the end is near! 

5 hours ago, Vulpix said:

Wow, thanks a ton for the update! 

10 hours ago, Vulpix said:

Thanks for putting us at ease, Vulpix! While simultaneously making us chomp down on our nails even harder :P

12 hours ago, Vulpix said:

Thank you Vulpix ! Good luck to everyone here ! 

14 hours ago, Vulpix said:

Eek! So they are sticking with the first Friday. I wasn't expecting it so early, which I guess is good since I only have two days to worry! Good luck everyone!!!

8 minutes ago, forgetful26 said:

Last year the call from students to those admitted were on Wed, correct? So, maybe we should expect a decision tomorrow? 

I think they got to know on the 1st Friday of March. 

Edited by pj060690

19 hours ago, Vulpix said:

Vulpix, you are a saint. Thanks for the info!