I've applied to GSPIA, NPSIA, MUNK and SIDGS, I feel like I should have applied to more programs, anyone else facing this dilemma or am I just overthinking this and letting the anxiety get to me?

3 minutes ago, Norma955 said:

I've applied to GSPIA, NPSIA, MUNK and SIDGS, I feel like I should have applied to more programs, anyone else facing this dilemma or am I just overthinking this and letting the anxiety get to me?

It's the anxiety. I feel the same way too.

3 minutes ago, Norma955 said:

IMO that is plenty. As long as you applied to your first couple choices and have good stats then it's likely that you will get into at least one!

18 minutes ago, Norma955 said:

You applied to one more than me! I only did 3. My professor recommended atleast two, and I am sure that you will be accepted into one of those if you have a good application. Also, remember that 1st round admissions are not everything (even though it feels that way) and people will keep receiving admissions offers until every spot is full. 

We are all in the same boat regarding nerves and anxiety, but I dont think you need to apply to more schools. However, if you did want to, MAGG and MIPP applications at Balsillie have been extended until March 1st. I have considered applying to these programs, however it just is not worth it, in my opinion, to make an application due to fears of not getting accepted. You chose those programs for a reason and most likely because you felt as though they would be a good fit, they will most likely see you in the same light. 

Edited by Duplified

17 minutes ago, Duplified said:

You applied to one more than me! I only did 3. My professor recommended atleast two, and I am sure that you will be accepted into one of those if you have a good application. Also, remember that 1st round admissions are not everything (even though it feels that way) and people will keep receiving admissions offers until every spot is full. 

We are all in the same boat regarding nerves and anxiety, but I dont think you need to apply to more schools. However, if you did want to, MAGG and MIPP applications at Balsillie have been extended until March 1st. I have considered applying to these programs, however it just is not worth it, in my opinion, to make an application due to fears of not getting accepted. You chose those programs for a reason and most likely because you felt as though they would be a good fit, they will most likely see you in the same light. 

PREACH ^. I was also considering this, but we need to be confident in our applications. It hasn't even been two weeks since the application deadlines - it is still very early in the process. I'm personally gonna try to limit myself checking the status' of my applications to twice a day. (Today I was literally checking every hour haha). The time will pass- stay patient gang :) 

Who else has had this thought at least once:

'OK, it is out of my hands now. I am just going to relax and see what happens. In fact, I won't even check in on the grad cafe for a while.' 

I have said that to myself a few times since submitting everything, and I just keep obsessively checking my application status and lurking around on grad cafe. Like, all day long.

7 hours ago, mchutchi said:

Who else has had this thought at least once:

'OK, it is out of my hands now. I am just going to relax and see what happens. In fact, I won't even check in on the grad cafe for a while.' 

I have said that to myself a few times since submitting everything, and I just keep obsessively checking my application status and lurking around on grad cafe. Like, all day long.

Hahaha checking the grad cafe is my favourite part of the day - no shame on this. 

30 minutes ago, PoliticalNerd2017 said:

So I just got an email that my GSPIA documents were all received and it's 'complete' now. It also says it's under evaluation.

Mine too. 

Anyway I couldn't post anything either. 

1 hour ago, Nupur11 said:

So I know this is highly irrelevant on this thread, but I got accepted to George Washington University for MPP. I could use any information that can be helpful in making this decision. 

I don't know much about programs in the field at American universities but want to say congrats!

Congratulations @Nupur11!!! Regarding your decision, just know that the Munk school does not usually give out a lot of funding and I do not know if you got any from George Washington University but its just something to keep in mind. If you have any other questions though feel free to ask! I dont know how helpful we can be but I'm sure we will all try our best haha. 

24 minutes ago, Duplified said:

Also, my MPPA application to Carleton still shows "Preliminary Review Required".... I had all of my documents in (including references) on January 28th? Is anyone else still in the same boat? 

My status for NPSIA still shows "preliminary review required"..My last LOR was processed on the 3rd of February

39 minutes ago, Duplified said:

Also, my MPPA application to Carleton still shows "Preliminary Review Required".... I had all of my documents in (including references) on January 28th? Is anyone else still in the same boat? 

Mine is on recommended for assessment and has been since before the application deadline.

41 minutes ago, Duplified said:

My final documents for NPSIA were submitted on the 30th of Jan (it was a LoR) and its also at the 'Preliminary Review Required' stage.

3 minutes ago, PoliticalNerd2017 said:

My final documents for NPSIA were submitted on the 30th of Jan (it was a LoR) and its also at the 'Preliminary Review Required' stage.

Mine is still at prelimary review as well. I'm under evaluation for both uottawa apps, recommended for assessment for Carleton MPPA.