12 minutes ago, justajournalist said:

Not really. I like them all! I feel I can make use of the strengths of whichever program admits me. 

Yeah true. I'll probably be going based on the funding offer if admitted. It's crazy to think that next week we is the beginning of March and that we could all start getting some offers! 

13 minutes ago, Hopeful2017 said:

Yeah true. I'll probably be going based on the funding offer if admitted. It's crazy to think that next week we is the beginning of March and that we could all start getting some offers! 

or rejections! :(

7 minutes ago, msat said:

or rejections! :(

See, id be okay with that, just so I'd know if I should start applying to summer courses and backup winter programs with later deadlines. It's the long wait lists that reallllly annoy me. Impossible to plan life around them. 

3 minutes ago, justajournalist said:

See, id be okay with that, just so I'd know if I should start applying to summer courses and backup winter programs with later deadlines. It's the long wait lists that reallllly annoy me. Impossible to plan life around them. 

I suppose we don't really have a choice of being ok with rejections. At this point its out of our hands, so if some of us do get rejected then we have to try again next year. Im toying  with the idea of dusting off the old backpack to go travelling for a few months if these applications don't pan out...always gotta look for silver linings!

I was wondering if anyone knows how many applications were submitted to the Munk School this year? It looks like the MPP program at U of T got 650 this year for 80 spots (and is 3 weeks out from issuing offers), and from all of the figures  regarding NPSIA and GSPIA it looks like there was a similar influx of applications. Probably because of Trump? But as such, I wonder if we will actually get letters this upcoming week? I know last year Munk offered March 1st, but if they had a similar uptick, its  probably closer to 2-3 weeks? 

9 minutes ago, Duplified said:

I was wondering if anyone knows how many applications were submitted to the Munk School this year? It looks like the MPP program at U of T got 650 this year for 80 spots (and is 3 weeks out from issuing offers), and from all of the figures  regarding NPSIA and GSPIA it looks like there was a similar influx of applications. Probably because of Trump? But as such, I wonder if we will actually get letters this upcoming week? I know last year Munk offered March 1st, but if they had a similar uptick, its  probably closer to 2-3 weeks? 

650 for the MPP! at a loss for words..Someone earlier in the thread mentioned that NPSIA received 400+ this year..not sure on GSPIA.

35 minutes ago, Duplified said:

Wow, do you know how many applications the MPP at U of T usually gets? (i.e. is this a big jump or they typically receive way more applications than spots).

Congrats on the change! its starting to move along! :D Also, I believe the MPP program usually gets roughly the same as the Munk School, so 350-500 ( I would assume the Munk School got a similar 650 this year). This looks like its a significant uptick. Kind of makes me worry as the larger the pool, the harder it is to get in :/ Then again, I'm assuming a fair amount of the people applying might only have decided to go this route this year, if it is partially due to Trump, and thus may not have the same background and CV, but even then this still isn't a great sign. 

Edited by Duplified

The week has come to an end..... One of my Carleton applications is still on 'Review in Progress by Department' stage (M.A Poli Sci) and the other is on 'Recommended to Assessment' (NPSIA).. I'm thinking it could be a bit longer this year if the no. of applications has increased. Perhaps we will find out in a week or two. 

Good luck on the week ahead everyone! I hope we get some offers in! Carleton is supposed to decide on their MPPA program by the end of February with offers in the few days following (fingers crossed). So maybe all of you NPSIA folks will start hearing as well :) Starting to get really nervous over here haha. 

1 hour ago, Duplified said:

Good luck on the week ahead everyone! I hope we get some offers in! Carleton is supposed to decide on their MPPA program by the end of February with offers in the few days following (fingers crossed). So maybe all of you NPSIA folks will start hearing as well :) Starting to get really nervous over here haha. 

Good luck guys!! GSPIA said " You should expect an answer by the beginning of March" so it seems next week could also be possible offers from them too! Hoping for the best for us all on here! 

3 minutes ago, DefeatistElitist said:

Munk offers seem to typically go out the first week of March too.

So in other words, we are in for a flurry of activity in the coming days. 

Yup! Already mentally preparing to rethink my research focus and statements for next year's round of apps, in case I don't get any bites this year for whatever reason. 

good luck, all, and let's post here if there's any movement on applications. Hope ya'll are not stressing too hard!  

4 hours ago, Nupur11 said:

@justapersonwhochangednames Hi, I see you are considering IHEID? Have you applied there?

I am actually finalizing my late application, after a lot of pacing back and forth! Likely will not be able to go there even if I were admitted. I've visited though and it's a  small beautiful modern campus and lovely faculty. 

Finally my NPSIA status changed to "Review in progress by department", so glad :P. 2 weeks and Munk application still "Under Review". I am going crazy, checking my email literally every 30 mins. 

6 hours ago, justapersonwhochangednames said:

I am actually finalizing my late application, after a lot of pacing back and forth! Likely will not be able to go there even if I were admitted. I've visited though and it's a  small beautiful modern campus and lovely faculty. 

MDEV or MIA? I follow this thread Graduate Institute 2017, not many MIA applicants there so I am wondering how many MIA applicants they get?