2 hours ago, justapersonwhochangednames said:

Sameeeeeeeeeeeee

Distracting myself by applying to jobs and watching Rectify on Netflix. Good series.

I re-watched the entire 1st season of True Detective over the weekend just trying to keep myself distracted. Matthew Mcconaughey and Woody Harrelson. Classic. Now I am on Craigslist checking out apartments in Ottawa just in case I get an acceptance from U of O or Carleton. It is nice to see how to cheap it is compared to Vancouver. 

5 minutes ago, PoliticalNerd2017 said:

Just got an email back from GSPIA about when to expect offers, and this is what I got back....

"Thank you for your e-mail. You can expect an answer sometime in March or early April."

The wait may be longer than we expect.

Wow, that makes the wait a lot longer :( So GSPIA might actually be giving out offers after NPSIA this year, because past years NPSIA was around mid-March. Wonder if they're delayed this year too... I'm just hoping that with more applicants they might increase the class sizes a bit too.

26 minutes ago, PoliticalNerd2017 said:

Just got an email back from GSPIA about when to expect offers, and this is what I got back....

"Thank you for your e-mail. You can expect an answer sometime in March or early April."

The wait may be longer than we expect.

Thanks for letting us know! I'm too chicken to email any of the schools for their timeline.

1 minute ago, Hopeful2017 said:

GSPIA emailed me this: 

You should have an answer this week, the selection committee is evaluating your file regarding the financial aid.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but that sounds a lot like you are getting an offer of admission, however, they are still finalizing how much money to give you. 

22 minutes ago, JV-K said:

Wow, that makes the wait a lot longer :( So GSPIA might actually be giving out offers after NPSIA this year, because past years NPSIA was around mid-March. Wonder if they're delayed this year too... I'm just hoping that with more applicants they might increase the class sizes a bit too.

I'd rather class sizes stay the same and NOT get bigger, even if it means I don't get in. Thats part of the problem at NPSIA that others have pointed out, which is their cohorts are becoming TOO BIG.

4 minutes ago, Hopeful2017 said:

Also, sorry for the weird spacing there ^ I think it was because I copy and pasted from the email they sent. 

Is your GSPIA status still at "Under evaluation"?

1 minute ago, JV-K said:

Is your GSPIA status still at "Under evaluation"?

Yes! Yesterday I asked when I could expect an answer and that's what they responded to me. I don't think they would be evaluating my file regarding financial aid if I wasn't getting accepted? But who knows. AHHHH freaking out 

11 minutes ago, Hopeful2017 said:

Yes! Yesterday I asked when I could expect an answer and that's what they responded to me. I don't think they would be evaluating my file regarding financial aid if I wasn't getting accepted? But who knows. AHHHH freaking out 

Sounds like you got in!!!!! Congrats!!

1 minute ago, YellsHeah said:

Hello all! Been stalking this forum for months now, just made an account now to say...

I GOT AN OFFER FROM GSPIA! And a scholarship of $6000/year! No email, it's all on their portal website! AAAH!

OMG congrats!!!!! 

9 minutes ago, YellsHeah said:

Hello all! Been stalking this forum for months now, just made an account now to say...

I GOT AN OFFER FROM GSPIA! And a scholarship of $6000/year! No email, it's all on their portal website! AAAH!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That's great news! 

Edited by Duplified

6 minutes ago, YellsHeah said:

Wow that's so exciting! Congratulations and best of luck if you accept!!

8 minutes ago, YellsHeah said:

THAT'S AMAZING! :D Add it to the Results page of Grad Cafe too!

10 minutes ago, YellsHeah said:

Did it say "Admitted" on your Admission File thing? 

2 minutes ago, justapersonwhochangednames said:

THAT'S AMAZING! :D Add it to the Results page of Grad Cafe too!

I will, thank you so much everyone! <3

I'm not sure what did it, but I know when I kept stalking this thread before, I was always wondering what other peoples situations were like, so just to give anyone else an idea: I applied with an 84 overall average, currently finishing my fourth year; my degree is Honours English with an Emphasis in Law and Policy; my references were likely VERY strong, because I'm on a very small campus with super kind professors who I've had for my entire stay; and I frankly don't have an excess of volunteer experience in the area, just a few on-campus jobs I've taken as a research assistant and other similar things. I can't say what got me an offer - and so early too, my surname's at the end of the list alphabetically - but I hope others start seeing offers soon too!

1 minute ago, Hopeful2017 said:

Did it say "Admitted" on your Admission File thing? 

It did! And when I click it there's a download .pdf for the offer with the list of conditions and whatnot.

22 minutes ago, YellsHeah said:

That is great news congratulations! Would you (and everyone else who gets offers) mind sharing your stats (GPA and so on)?