Congrats on the UOttawa offers :)

On a side note about Munk, no email today, but my status on ACORN updated! I'm taking it as a good sign...hopefully tomorrow will be the day we hear back. My status is still 'Under Review' though.

AcornMGA.PNG

Edited by thebigcheese

21 minutes ago, thebigcheese said:

On a side note about Munk, no email today, but my status on ACORN updated! I'm taking it as a good sign...hopefully tomorrow will be the day we hear back. My status is still 'Under Review' though.

AcornMGA.PNG

Awesome, I hope you are right!

53 minutes ago, thebigcheese said:

AcornMGA.PNG

How did you log into/ create an account with ACORN?

4 minutes ago, BlndGeo said:

How did you log into/ create an account with ACORN?

I got an email around two months ago from the SGS with a link and instructions to create your join id. It was titled "Important: Your UofT JoinID." if you do that you should get access to ACORN.

1 minute ago, Duplified said:

I got an email around two months ago from the SGS with a link and instructions to create your join id. It was titled "Important: Your UofT JoinID." if you do that you should get access to ACORN.

Thanks! I just got on now, but my status hasn't changed :( 

Who else feels that NPSIA is a lot more generous with funding and scholarships than GSPIA? Comparing my $29,000 at NPSIA to $12,000 for GSPIA... This is a huge difference, anyone else have this dilemma? 

5 minutes ago, Norma955 said:

Who else feels that NPSIA is a lot more generous with funding and scholarships than GSPIA? Comparing my $29,000 at NPSIA to $12,000 for GSPIA... This is a huge difference, anyone else have this dilemma? 

I haven't gotten my official offer yet but yes I am surprised. @Kaspara got a huge offer from NPSIA but then got 12k I believe for GSPIA? To be honest, I thought it would have been the opposite. 

My decision depends on what funding GSPIA offers - but from the looks of it, they're mostly giving out 12k

Edited by Hopeful2017

1 hour ago, Hopeful2017 said:

I haven't gotten my official offer yet but yes I am surprised. @Kaspara got a huge offer from NPSIA but then got 12k I believe for GSPIA? To be honest, I thought it would have been the opposite. 

My decision depends on what funding GSPIA offers - but from the looks of it, they're mostly giving out 12k

I agree. It is a huge difference. I wish they were reversed, honestly, since GSPIA is ahead of NPSIA in my rankings.

Hey guys, quick update on GSPIA. I just found out that there has been a technical glitch. Apparently I have been admitted since last week, but the system keeps showing under evaluation. I called the Graduate Office and now they need to get technical support... so crazy. Just thought I'd share. Also, my MPA "admitted" status for uOttawa is also now back to under evaluation. Basically, the girl on the phone said she can see my offers for both programs yet the system still shows under eval. Just something to keep in mind. 

10 minutes ago, Hopeful2017 said:

Hey guys, quick update on GSPIA. I just found out that there has been a technical glitch. Apparently I have been admitted since last week, but the system keeps showing under evaluation. I called the Graduate Office and now they need to get technical support... so crazy. Just thought I'd share. Also, my MPA "admitted" status for uOttawa is also now back to under evaluation. Basically, the girl on the phone said she can see my offers for both programs yet the system still shows under eval. Just something to keep in mind. 

Oh wow, I might give them a call to see if that's the case for me. So typical of uOttawa lol.

4 minutes ago, PoliticalNerd2017 said:

Oh wow, I might give them a call to see if that's the case for me. So typical of uOttawa lol.

Very crazy to hear lol. She said I was admitted to GSPIA last week, official offer and everything but there is a technical glitch saying I'm only still under evaluation. Now my uOttawa MPA status has changed BACK to "admitted". This system is horrible. 

If I hadn't called to check up on my MPA application, I would have never known this about GSPIA and could have been on under evaluation for god knows how long haha, so maybe double check!

Edited by Hopeful2017

47 minutes ago, Hopeful2017 said:

Did you just call and ask if you were admitted yet and if there was a discrepancy with your online profile, or were some jedi mind tricks involved?

9 minutes ago, Investigate311 said:

Did you just call and ask if you were admitted yet and if there was a discrepancy with your online profile, or were some jedi mind tricks involved?

I had asked originally about my MPA application. I was admitted to that last night, and this morning it switched back to under evaluation. When we were discussing that, I had asked about GSPIA. She said she could see on my file that I was in fact admitted also to GSPIA last week, but it still says under evaluation because of a technical glitch. Apparently it has been happening to a lot of students - we are actually admitted but it glitches to keep saying under eval. Apparently she contacted IT and they are working on it. 

She told me I should receive the offer hopefully today or tomorrow but for sure Friday. 

Edited by Hopeful2017

Hmm. I'm currently a UofT student and can't seem to find anything to do with the MGA application on my Acorn account. Under the Academics section it only lists the program I'm now enrolled in :(

9 minutes ago, jjr said:

My status on acorn also changed to this:

58c98372b80d9_ScreenShot2017-03-15at6_08_01PM.png.08f0bfdf775edbf4f68e556aa3522911.png

but my SGS application still says under review and no official email yet ... anyone else in the same situation?

I think it probably means you got accepted. 

5 hours ago, Norma955 said:

no one else has even heard from back from gspia yet. it's as if they sent out 2 offers a few weeks ago and then just went on vacation. my application was 'incomplete' from Feb 1st to like 2 days ago. fucking unreal. and then you call them and Daniela picks up the phone and sounds all flustered like your wasting her time and then you call back a month later and they are like oh yah hehe looks like we accidently labelled your letter of intent as a resume hehe so we just ignored your application good thing you called hehe. 

Edited by mchutchi