15 minutes ago, Norma955 said:

I found this information under areas of specialization; Public Policy / International Affairs / Development Studies. But the school website doesn't mention this. Does anyone know anything about this?

http://www.uottawa.ca/graduate-studies/programs-admission/apply/specific-requirements?Org=API

I am not seeing this in your link

2 minutes ago, msat said:

I am not seeing this in your link

The link I attached is for specific requirements; so you have to choose the program and everything will show. Go to where it says "Areas of Specialization" and also in the letter of intent section it mentions we have to identify field of concentration. 

16 minutes ago, Norma955 said:

The link I attached is for specific requirements; so you have to choose the program and everything will show. Go to where it says "Areas of Specialization" and also in the letter of intent section it mentions we have to identify field of concentration. 

I see what you mean. In my letter I talked mostly about the work I wanted to do in international affairs and I didn't mention anything real specific about public policy or development. So I feel the admissions committee will infer that my route is more focused on international affairs. 

1 hour ago, PoliticalNerd2017 said:

Submitted all my documents for three programs on Friday, including GSPIA and NPSIA!! Now all there's left is the waiting game! Wishing you all the best of luck. Do you guys have any idea when we'd get a response?

Looking at last year's thread, Feb 24th was around the time when the first set of offers started going out from GSPIA. NPSIA, on the other hand, was much later (Mid to late March).

4 hours ago, mchutchi said:

Uploading supporting docs to NPSIA right now - forgot that while it is only 10:30 in Vancouver it is while past the deadline in Ottawa. Guess I should probably just go start a new thread for fall 2018. 

Apparently they allow a 1-2 day grace period for these kinds of situations. You're good!

1 hour ago, justajournalist said:

I mailed my documents to UofOttawa because I never got any email about uploading them, just "mailing procedures" mentioned at the end of the OUAC application. Anyone else done that?

Same. Mailed everything in hard copy as instructed. Turns out it was OK to email the documents directly (except for the transcripts of course). 

51 minutes ago, mchutchi said:

Same. Mailed everything in hard copy as instructed. Turns out it was OK to email the documents directly (except for the transcripts of course). 

I ordered the transcripts last week to be sent directly but I freaked out and added my own sealed envelope of transcripts from my university too. 
Oh well, they can shred the extra transcript. 

Thanks for the response! I'm so crippled with self-doubt about all my applications, and worrying about the logistics of each application is too much.

43 minutes ago, justajournalist said:

I ordered the transcripts last week to be sent directly but I freaked out and added my own sealed envelope of transcripts from my university too. 
Oh well, they can shred the extra transcript. 

Thanks for the response! I'm so crippled with self-doubt about all my applications, and worrying about the logistics of each application is too much.

Me too. I am also crippled with self-doubt about getting accepted into at least one of the two schools I applied at. If I get rejections from both I am just going to go hang upside down in my closet like a bat until next year's round of admissions.

Im still stressing about these LORs...My referees confirmed today that they would submit them shortly. I need for Carleton to receive AT THE VERY LEAST 1 of my LORs by tonight, or else, Im gonna have to plead my case with Carleton tomorrow morning. Ugh, this is not a fun part of the application process!

47 minutes ago, msat said:

Im still stressing about these LORs...My referees confirmed today that they would submit them shortly. I need for Carleton to receive AT THE VERY LEAST 1 of my LORs by tonight, or else, Im gonna have to plead my case with Carleton tomorrow morning. Ugh, this is not a fun part of the application process!

Ahh that sounds awful, with some professors you really need to remind them constantly. Best of luck! 

44 minutes ago, Norma955 said:

Ahh that sounds awful, with some professors you really need to remind them constantly. Best of luck! 

Saw both of them today! One assured me that she would have it uploaded by this evening. On a side note, I see that UOttawa processed my email containing my CV and letter of intent.

2 hours ago, mchutchi said:

Me too. I am also crippled with self-doubt about getting accepted into at least one of the two schools I applied at. If I get rejections from both I am just going to go hang upside down in my closet like a bat until next year's round of admissions.

I only applied to one school last year, and got rejected. It was my fault for hanging my hat on one school alone. So this year it's a number of programs, but obviously that one rejection - and the prospect of waiting another year for Applications Round Three, especially since I just recently lost my job - is making me doubt everything I've written and submitted. Best of luck to you, know that you are not alone in these feelings! 

13 hours ago, Norma955 said:

I submitted everything to Carleton, but the status of my application hasn't changed to signify this, is anyone else experiencing the same thing? 

I read somewhere on their website/in their instructions that there is no change in the status of the application once all documents are uploaded, so don't worry. Right now my NPSIA application is still "Preliminary review required" and my Carleton MPPA is "Recommended for Assessment" (since yesterday, so I guess they've started looking at applications for MPPA).

My Carleton applications are still in the Preliminary Stage and so I wouldn't worry at all at this point about it. Like others, I'm just waiting for UOttawa to upload my documents and confirm that all but I got my NPSIA application all done! The University of Ottawa is annoyingly inefficient and I was told it could take UP TO 10 BUSINESS DAYS to simply confirm the submission of documents. The Graduate Studies Office assured me that none of the departments have begun assessment though. Anyways, this is the butterflies in your stomach moment. Hoping to get into at least one of the three programs I applied to, preferably GSPIA or NPSIA.

11 minutes ago, PoliticalNerd2017 said:

My Carleton applications are still in the Preliminary Stage and so I wouldn't worry at all at this point about it. Like others, I'm just waiting for UOttawa to upload my documents and confirm that all but I got my NPSIA application all done! The University of Ottawa is annoyingly inefficient and I was told it could take UP TO 10 BUSINESS DAYS to simply confirm the submission of documents. The Graduate Studies Office assured me that none of the departments have begun assessment though. Anyways, this is the butterflies in your stomach moment. Hoping to get into at least one of the three programs I applied to, preferably GSPIA or NPSIA.

E-mailing documents to Uottawa is by far the most efficient method. Im excited, because by the end of the month admissions will start going out from OttawaU (as per last year's thread).

6 minutes ago, msat said:

E-mailing documents to Uottawa is by far the most efficient method. Im excited, because by the end of the month admissions will start going out from OttawaU (as per last year's thread).

Yup!!! I had no idea that was a possibility until recently. I dropped my documents off at the Graduate Studies Office last week and so, I should see that update by early-mid next week (hopefully). I'm leaning towards GSPIA and hope to get in as well, so I'm anxiously waiting.