Profile Evaluation Request:M.S in Mechanical Engg::Fall 2017:

Satvik

A new caffeine member here. :) Can someone suggest me some universities for masters in Mechanical Engg

Undergraduate University - Ranked 36th in India(Osmania University), B.E(Hons) Mechanical Engineering

Percentage (not converted) - 74.7 %

Undergraduate Projects:

•  Design and fabrication of  a Non-electric Adsorption Refrigeratounder IEDC national level program funded by the Ministry Of Science and Technology, Govt of India 
  • Design and Thermal analysis on inline petrol engine components using SOLIDWORKS

Industrial Projects (undergrad) Summer Internship on MCL Compressors at BHEL labs, Hyderabad for a period of 28Days

Work Experience - 1.5 years (and counting) in FMC Technologies (Fortune 500) - currently working as a Quality Control Engineer on Subsea Drilling Systems Products 

GRE Scores - Q 165, V 154, AWA 3.5

TOEFL Score - 111

I was looking at the following universities - UW, Ohio State Uni, Texas A&M Uni. Penn State Uni Other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance !

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, Satvik,

UW? Wisconsin? Washington? Wyoming? Be clear. Then coming to your profile, your GPA is low; it is roughly equal to 2.0 - 2.4/4.0 which is very low. Most universities will not even look at an application with such GPA. Your GRE is not stellar, I am not saying it is bad, but it is about average for the universities you listed. That score would have been Ok if your GPA was good, but with that GPA, you need a 95th percentile score on both sections of the GRE to even be considered for admission. I am sorry to say this, but you do not have a chance at A&M. Penn state and Ohio state I am not sure but would not be easy with that GPA.