2017 Canadian Application Thread!

2 hours ago, theyaaz said:

@SLPlease? Mizuro got the awesome recruitment scholarship to U of A, but as far as I know no other offers have been given out yet. I'm also waiting to hear back from U of A. I've been asking around and checking all the info I've got, but there is still hope! Last year they started giving out the rest of the offers around March 16-18 it looks like. So hopefully we'll hear something soon!

Just found this forum, wish I would have seen this while writing applications! I'm also waiting to hear back from UofA and McGill...fingers crossed its this weeeek, it's not easy living in limbo haha 

22 hours ago, princesst said:

Has anyone received an email acknowledging their application to the university of toronto yet? 

Hi, I have yet to receive a email from U of T... I was wondering the same thing. I've heard they just take the longest.

6 hours ago, audi101 said:

Anyone heard from Dalhousie?

They just emailed me a few days ago confirming my application was complete. They lost my GRE scores, twice. 
I think we might be hearing from them via snail mail. 

4 hours ago, Batzzy said:

Hai I have applied for uoA too for the M.Eng mechanical engineering program fall 2107 did u receive any decisions from the university??? Please reply

This is the forum for Speech and Language Pathology applicants, so we won't be able to help you with any info. regarding engineering at U of A. Check around on other threads and you might find some pertinent information.

4 hours ago, theyaaz said:

@SLPlease? Mizuro got the awesome recruitment scholarship to U of A, but as far as I know no other offers have been given out yet. I'm also waiting to hear back from U of A. I've been asking around and checking all the info I've got, but there is still hope! Last year they started giving out the rest of the offers around March 16-18 it looks like. So hopefully we'll hear something soon!

Oh, I wasn't aware that it was a recruitment scholarship that Mizuro received. That brings back a shed of hope, so thanks for letting me know!

The anxious feeling I have is definitely impacting how I feel day-to-day. I'm also constantly checking all of the schools portals as well as my email to see if I have heard anything.

3 minutes ago, slpbee said:

Was on the phone with Dalhousie this morning and apparently the committee made their decision this morning. Good luck to everyone who applied.

I don't recall, was Dalhousie the school that sent out offers via snail mail, or do they also give a phone call?

1 hour ago, slpslpslpbc said:

They just emailed me a few days ago confirming my application was complete. They lost my GRE scores, twice. 
I think we might be hearing from them via snail mail. 

I checked again today with Dal and they said they still haven't received the second set of scores I sent :( They were sent more than 3 weeks ago again... They said they would work off of my unofficial scores for now but part of me wonders if it isn't just that they have already rejected me so they know they don't need the scores... TT___TT ahh I'm a mess of anxiety. How am I going to write my midterms this week?? haha I can't stop checking my phone every ten minutes.

3 minutes ago, Bananis said:

I checked again today with Dal and they said they still haven't received the second set of scores I sent :( They were sent more than 3 weeks ago again... They said they would work off of my unofficial scores for now but part of me wonders if it isn't just that they have already rejected me so they know they don't need the scores... TT___TT ahh I'm a mess of anxiety. How am I going to write my midterms this week?? haha I can't stop checking my phone every ten minutes.

Or maybe your GPA and references were so awesome they don't really care about the scores!! Stay positive :)

I am also compulsively checking my phone, emails, school portals...

2 hours ago, SLPhopeful17 said:

Or maybe your GPA and references were so awesome they don't really care about the scores!! Stay positive :)

I am also compulsively checking my phone, emails, school portals...

Agreed, i compulsively check everything I could be notified on, even though I only applied to orpas schools and know I won't be notified till the 31st!  Stay positive everyone, only a few more days/weeks to go! 

3 hours ago, slpbee said:

Was on the phone with Dalhousie this morning and apparently the committee made their decision this morning. Good luck to everyone who applied.

Do you know if it would say "accepted" next to decision on our Dal Online portal?
It now says decision made, they have updated my profile as of today.

1 hour ago, slpslpslpbc said:

Do you know if it would say "accepted" next to decision on our Dal Online portal?
It now says decision made, they have updated my profile as of today.

I just checked the Dal portal as well, and it simply says "decision made", and below that "written notification to follow".

3 minutes ago, SLPlease? said:

I just checked the Dal portal as well, and it simply says "decision made", and below that "written notification to follow".

Mine still says "incomplete items outstanding"... Hope that doesn't mean I didn't make the cut

17 minutes ago, ihpmpsdcdrr said:

Mine still says "incomplete items outstanding"... Hope that doesn't mean I didn't make the cut

I was wondering if you had a dal portal since you are a current student there. Dal confirmed that my application was complete in January but They did not give me access to the portal.

13 minutes ago, audi101 said:

I was wondering if you had a dal portal since you are a current student there. Dal confirmed that my application was complete in January but They did not give me access to the portal.

I'm not a student at Dal, I've just been calling their application page a portal because that's what all of the other schools use, haha. I'm actually in Victoria, BC!

Hi everyone!

I just want to clarify a few things in regards to the SLP program at Dalhousie.

1). As of December 2016, the department has moved from their old building off campus in downtown Halifax, to a new building on campus in Dalhousie. This may explain why a few items from your application are missing. 

2). You will receive an email if you have been accepted into the program. In the past, emails have been sent in mid March towards the end of March. If you have been rejected, you will receive a letter in the mail. 

3). The online dal application page will not tell you whether you have been accepted or rejected. The status online rarely updates so if your status says "items incomplete outstanding" this does not mean your application is incomplete; if you have any concerns please talk to Crystal. 

1 hour ago, slphopeful22 said:

Hi everyone!

I just want to clarify a few things in regards to the SLP program at Dalhousie.

1). As of December 2016, the department has moved from their old building off campus in downtown Halifax, to a new building on campus in Dalhousie. This may explain why a few items from your application are missing. 

2). You will receive an email if you have been accepted into the program. In the past, emails have been sent in mid March towards the end of March. If you have been rejected, you will receive a letter in the mail. 

3). The online dal application page will not tell you whether you have been accepted or rejected. The status online rarely updates so if your status says "items incomplete outstanding" this does not mean your application is incomplete; if you have any concerns please talk to Crystal. 

Thank you very much for clarifying. :)

I just received an acceptance from Dalhousie!!! It's conditional though, that I finish my degree with a GPA of 3.3. I'm not sure how that will work though, because I graduated ages ago with a very low average and have only since taken courses in the last two years but will not have another degree... Not sure if that will matter. Anyway AHHHHHHHHHH Those of you who applied to Dal should get your emails soon!

8 minutes ago, Bananis said:

I just received an acceptance from Dalhousie!!! It's conditional though, that I finish my degree with a GPA of 3.3. I'm not sure how that will work though, because I graduated ages ago with a very low average and have only since taken courses in the last two years but will not have another degree... Not sure if that will matter. Anyway AHHHHHHHHHH Those of you who applied to Dal should get your emails soon!

Me too!

58 minutes ago, Bananis said:

Congrats! Me too!!