2017 Canadian Application Thread!

1 minute ago, blueaffinity said:

Whoa! I thought it was tomorrow night... what?? 

Well, Western said they'd tell us March 31 and it seems like their portal system is automated. Plus, I've heard from earlier in the thread that it is released riiiight at midnight so I think that means that the second it legit becomes March 31, we'll know!

1 hour ago, SLPLS said:

Well, Western said they'd tell us March 31 and it seems like their portal system is automated. Plus, I've heard from earlier in the thread that it is released riiiight at midnight so I think that means that the second it legit becomes March 31, we'll know!

It's true, it's updated at exactly midnight to the second!

Just now, WesternGradGirl said:

What about Toronto and McMaster? Will they be on ORPAS at midnight? Or should I just be waiting to get an email to check the portals for each?

I believe they will email us yes! 

2 hours ago, SLPhopeful17 said:

WHAT?!! I had prepared myself to find out tomorrow!! Omg!

I prepared for next week Monday 

I though it was 1 April or the fist working day of April 

1 hour ago, WestCoastSpeechie said:

Don't mean to change the topic but is anyone still waiting to hear from UBC? :unsure:

Good luck to everyone finding out tonight!!

I am still waiting (anxiously) to hear from UBC! 

34 minutes ago, slp_wannabe said:

I am still waiting (anxiously) to hear from UBC! 

Glad I'm not the only one! I never expected them to take this long...but then again it's my first time applying so I don't know much about the process.

8 minutes ago, WestCoastSpeechie said:

Glad I'm not the only one! I never expected them to take this long...but then again it's my first time applying so I don't know much about the process.

I got my official letter in the mail today! (Although, I heard back from them two weeks ago, so I'm not sure if that changes anything?)

47 minutes ago, Hopeful246 said:

I got my official letter in the mail today! (Although, I heard back from them two weeks ago, so I'm not sure if that changes anything?)

Congrats!! I haven't heard a thing haha so I can only speculate what that means...:mellow:

1 hour ago, WestCoastSpeechie said:

Congrats!! I haven't heard a thing haha so I can only speculate what that means...:mellow:

As far as I can tell, they've only done the first round of acceptances...? But maybe they've called more people who just aren't on here, haha.

13 minutes ago, masumasuda said:

As far as I can tell, they've only done the first round of acceptances...? But maybe they've called more people who just aren't on here, haha.

That's the sense that I got as well. I haven't read anywhere about anyone being waitlisted or rejected so far. It seems pretty late this year compared to other years!

All of you who have been accepted to a few schools so far... I noticed some of you seem really confident in your choice but is there anyone who's stressing about which school to choose? Before I was just so desperate to get accepted anywhere but now the deadlines will be coming up soon and I don't know what to do. I've talked to students in both programs now, but still I'm not sure. Do we have a Canadian SLP thread for after you're accepted? Like how to choose a school, how to prepare to move, things like applying for scholarships and loans, etc.? If not, does someone want to start a thread? I'm useless at forums. It'd be nice to get to know some people going to the same programs. I know they have facebook pages sometimes and stuff but...

40 minutes ago, Bananis said:

All of you who have been accepted to a few schools so far... I noticed some of you seem really confident in your choice but is there anyone who's stressing about which school to choose? Before I was just so desperate to get accepted anywhere but now the deadlines will be coming up soon and I don't know what to do. I've talked to students in both programs now, but still I'm not sure. Do we have a Canadian SLP thread for after you're accepted? Like how to choose a school, how to prepare to move, things like applying for scholarships and loans, etc.? If not, does someone want to start a thread? I'm useless at forums. It'd be nice to get to know some people going to the same programs. I know they have facebook pages sometimes and stuff but...

ME! I had the exact same train of thought about wanting to get in anywhere, so I never thought about the possibility.. I've been kind of stressed out about the decision too. 

Just now, SLPMaybe said:

On the waitlist for Western and I'm disappointed but trying to stay positive... hoping for the best for everyone!!

If it makes you feel any better, I got rejected