2017 Canadian Application Thread!

1 minute ago, Grenache said:

On ORPAS it says I've been offered admission to U of T...This isn't a glitch right?? I hope I'm not getting my hopes up!!

OMG mine too.. I'm so overwhelmed right now.. I dont think it can be legit though?

Accepted to Toronto (on ORPAS)!! Waitlisted for Western and McMaster. Unfortunately the email from McMaster said they won't notify waitlisted applicants until April 15th if we are accepted, yet I have to confirm my offer to Toronto on April 14th? 

5 minutes ago, JessieBear said:

Accepted to Toronto (on ORPAS)!! Waitlisted for Western and McMaster. Unfortunately the email from McMaster said they won't notify waitlisted applicants until April 15th if we are accepted, yet I have to confirm my offer to Toronto on April 14th? 

I'm in the exact same boat.. So thrilled but also wish we found out sooner about Mac and Western. I have heard of people accepting an offer provisionally and then changing it after being accepted off a wait list, but I feel nervous about the whole thing!

Omg! Accepted to Western and McMaster and apparently to Toronto according to ORPAS?? This is amazing, I will probably decline Western and McMaster so I hope it opens up spots for a few of you!

1 hour ago, princesst said:

Omg! Accepted to Western and McMaster and apparently to Toronto according to ORPAS?? This is amazing, I will probably decline Western and McMaster so I hope it opens up spots for a few of you!

Same here!! I'm not sure where to accept so I figure one of the best factors to consider is tuition. But I swear all the schools make it impossible to find their tuition fees! Anyone have any idea what the fees for the three schools are? 

Hi to all!

I got an acceptance on ORPAS for U of T and already accepted because that was my top choice and I couldn't be happier (I'm honestly still in shock)!! I was waitlisted at both Western and McMaster (#12/36) ! To those of you waitlisted hopefully you move up a spot as I already accepted U of T :) I am so excited to get to know anyone else who accepted there! And to everyone else still waiting to hear, keep your heads up, you're all great and you've made it this far so stay positive !!

19 minutes ago, EFKSLP said:

Hi to all!

I got an acceptance on ORPAS for U of T and already accepted because that was my top choice and I couldn't be happier (I'm honestly still in shock)!! I was waitlisted at both Western and McMaster (#12/36) ! To those of you waitlisted hopefully you move up a spot as I already accepted U of T :) I am so excited to get to know anyone else who accepted there! And to everyone else still waiting to hear, keep your heads up, you're all great and you've made it this far so stay positive !!

Hey!! I just got accepted to U of T too! I accepted right away as well so we'll be future classmates :). Do you want to add me on facebook? I would love to hear why U of T was your top choice because I don't know much about their program! If so, it's https://www.facebook.com/kryss44 ! Talk soon!

Edited by Chapin44

So I have been accepted to U of T (OMG) and waitlisted for Mac and Western, and the dates to hear back from those two are after the response date for toronto. I know it sounds silly, but if I were to provisionally accept at Toronto and thus remain on the waitlist for the other two, that still counts right? As in, Toronto can't change their mind about me just because it's not a firm acceptance? lol I would never want to jeopardize any chance I have! 

First of all, a HUGE congrats to everyone on your acceptances!!  :) 

I've been accepted to McGill, U of T, and Western! Like some of you, I really wasn't expecting to get in, let alone have a choice to make so I'm beyond thrilled!!

I'm leaning towards U of T, but for those of you who have already made your decisions, I'm curious as to why! Why is U of T (or any of the others) your top choice? 

Congrats again everyone!

4 hours ago, EFKSLP said:

Hi to all!

Hey! Congrats on your acceptance to U of T :)

What does it mean when people inclue (#12/36) in their blog? It looks like a position on the waitlist (?) but I thought that information was impossible to get. 

Thanks!

Just got emailed I'm on the waitlist for U of T! So two waitlists--Dal and U of T! I'm actually happy about this cause last night I thought it was a rejection at u of t.

5 minutes ago, 13SLP said:

Just got emailed I'm on the waitlist for U of T! So two waitlists--Dal and U of T! I'm actually happy about this cause last night I thought it was a rejection at u of t.

I'm in the same boat, I got waitlisted at all the schools I applied to (Mac, Western and UofT) ... Not a rejection but it still stings, hopefully some spots will open up! Can only be hopeful at this point!!

Edited by dxsh4

I got an offer from McGill and McMaster but a rejection from UofT. I also didn't expect to have a choice and although I am heavily leaning toward McGill, I haven't made a final decision. McMaster seems like a really great program! Too bad there are no former students to talk to about this since it is the first year. Anyway, likely an opening at McMaster in the next few days for those of you waiting!

I found this whole process really difficult but I also find it interesting to judge by admission offers what the different schools seem to value.

Is there anyone who got into UofT who still has not finished anatomy (in progress). I got an offer but I'm scared that if I don't get at least a B+ they will take it away. Curious if anyone is in the same boat?

Edited by chspee