Welcome to the GradCafe

Hello!  Welcome to The GradCafe Forums.You're welcome to look around the forums and view posts.  However, like most online communities you must register before you can create your own posts.  This is a simple, free process that requires minimal information. Benefits of membership:

• Participate in discussions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Removes some advertisements (including this one!)
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
unidb.us

Promoting a non-for-profit service?

5 posts in this topic

I have prepared a web application to let users save university information that they find on the university website for viewing later in an organized manner. This information (Inputs as is called on the site) will then be shown to others seeking information about that university ( if the poster chooses so ). What do you think ? Is it okay if I promote this service in appropriate contexts?

I would like to get more feedback from users as to what they need most.

* Please note that it is still in early phases so don't save anything you cant afford to lose just yet. :)

Edited by fuzzylogician

I forgot to add the link and it seems that i can't edit the post anymore. 

Edited by fuzzylogician

9 hours ago, unidb.us said:

I forgot to add the link and it seems that i can't edit the post anymore.

No, in fact I removed the link from your post (and from this one as well), until you get a reply from an administrator. Asking for permission to advertise on the board entails that you should wait to get a reply before you actually go ahead with your post. In general, the policy here is that we do not allow advertisements. We do occasionally allow links in signatures. If you want to become a participating board member, you are very welcome to join us. We would love to have you (and in case it's not clear, there is no sarcasm in that statement, I really mean it). But if you are only here to post about your own website, that is not something we usually accept. I'll leave this open for an administrator to say more. 

7 hours ago, fuzzylogician said:

No, in fact I removed the link from your post (and from this one as well), until you get a reply from an administrator. Asking for permission to advertise on the board entails that you should wait to get a reply before you actually go ahead with your post. In general, the policy here is that we do not allow advertisements. We do occasionally allow links in signatures. If you want to become a participating board member, you are very welcome to join us. We would love to have you (and in case it's not clear, there is no sarcasm in that statement, I really mean it). But if you are only here to post about your own website, that is not something we usually accept. I'll leave this open for an administrator to say more. 

oh so that explains it. well im not here just to advertise. leaving a link in the signature would be great though. As like others here im after getting admission. Thanks you i hope some one answers soon. 

No problem.  I am glad to hear that you'll be sticking around! I should also apologize, I thought I had sent you a PM when I edited your post but it looks like an Internet connection problem caused it not to go through.