HKS 2017

HKS hopeful

2 minutes ago, Obecalp said:

I feel you, @santiis2cool. The amount of stress that I feel about this decision is insane given the small likelihood I will be accepted. 

@Obecalp, have you heard from anywhere else? I got accepted to NYU, but I'm still waiting on SIPA, WWS, and HKS. There is no way I get any work done today... 

Just now, santiis2cool said:

@Obecalp, have you heard from anywhere else? I got accepted to NYU, but I'm still waiting on SIPA, WWS, and HKS. There is no way I get any work done today... 

I got accepted to Harris (with funding) and Goldman (without funding). Still waiting on Ford, HKS and (strangely) LBJ. 

I need to get work done today because I really got none done yesterday and I have deadlines to meet. This is getting problematic. 

3 minutes ago, Obecalp said:

I feel you, @santiis2cool. The amount of stress that I feel about this decision is insane given the small likelihood I will be accepted. 

Well you underestimate your chances, especially the internet points metric, 'cause it's official:

Obecalp last won the day on March 7

Obecalp had the most liked content!

Just now, ASunnyDay said:

Well you underestimate your chances, especially the internet points metric, 'cause it's official:

Obecalp last won the day on March 7

Obecalp had the most liked content!

I didn't even know this was a thing. It will certainly soften the blow when I am summarily rejected from Harvard. 

Feeling like most people in this forum.. Extremely nervous and anxious, which I guess shows me just how much this means to me. Have been dreaming of going to HKS for years. Good luck to everyone!! It At least we are all in this together :) 

1 minute ago, congoAppMCMPA said:

yah...that's not funny!

i was super elated for you. 
and then a lot of blood and anxiety circulated through me. 
that's a jerk move.

haha chill man...it is not a life and death situation...

funny thing is that I am probably the only one here who applied for only one program - MPA/ID...talk about putting all eggs in one basket...

1 minute ago, Optimus007 said:

funny thing is that I am probably the only one here who applied for only one program - MPA/ID...talk about putting all eggs in one basket...

i only applied to one program.

1 minute ago, congoAppMCMPA said:

i only applied to one program.

Kudos man!

If you did to MPA/ID you chances ar actually not as bad, statistically speaking. There is only 150-200 applicants to this program in any given year...because quant prerequisites discourage lot of people from applying. This year for some reason may have been even weaker in terms of number of applicants for some reason. Two info sessions on campus I went to this year, only 2 out 30 people in each session raised their hands they would apply for fall 2017...now i know there are lot fo applicants who do not make it to campus info sessions, but still interesting indication. I went to these sessions last 3-4 years in a row and there were a lot more current applicants in those. Trumps travel ban this year may also complicate everything for the admission, so wait list may be bigger than usual...

3 minutes ago, Optimus007 said:

Actually, you are not alone. There is at least 3 of us. I have also only applied for HKS.

They just added a contact page to the status page. I think it's happening soon! 

Contact Information 

Financial Aid application questions (all applicants):

Phone: 617-495-1155
E-mail: financial_aid@hks.harvard.edu

MPP, MPA2, Mid-Career MPA (including Mason), and Non-Degree applicants:

Office of Admissions
Harvard Kennedy School
79 John F. Kennedy Street
Box 93
Cambridge, MA 02138 

E-mail: 

appstatus@hks.harvard.edu

MPA/ID applicants: 

MPA/ID Program
Harvard Kennedy School
Box 15
Cambridge, MA 02138

E-mail: 

mpaid_program@hks.harvard.edu

2 minutes ago, santiis2cool said:

They just added a contact page to the status page. I think it's happening soon! 

Contact Information 

Financial Aid application questions (all applicants):

Phone: 617-495-1155
E-mail: financial_aid@hks.harvard.edu

MPP, MPA2, Mid-Career MPA (including Mason), and Non-Degree applicants:

Office of Admissions
Harvard Kennedy School
Box 93
Cambridge, MA 02138 

E-mail: 

appstatus@hks.harvard.edu

MPA/ID applicants: 

MPA/ID Program
Harvard Kennedy School
Box 15
Cambridge, MA 02138

E-mail: 

mpaid_program@hks.harvard.edu

Offfff, I don't see that change in my portal page. That's a bit disconcerting. 

1 hour ago, Optimus007 said:

I mean who knows. I know for a fact they did this one or two prior years...could have been just an experiment, we will see what happens. The fact they call to let people know does not mean you wont get notification in the system or personalised letter also..good luck to all

MPA/IA maybe since it is a smaller program. For sure no calls to MPP & others