HKS 2017

HKS hopeful

For future applicants, I don't think there is any correlation between early changes in the portal and decisions. I got in,, did not receive a key, and the portal changed and then changed back.

I got in - MPP!

I can't believe it...

I have been lurking this forum constantly --- received e-mail about HarvardKey, my status page changed last Saturday and stayed the same ever since (no links or contact information reappeared). So I agree with @Nozistin - there is NO correlation.

I am so grateful, I can't even speak. 

I've been admitted to HKS, Goldman and Harris. I'm quite happy! Financing is not an issue because of my country funds the education of the best post-graduate students abroad.

To be honest I fell in love with Harris focus and curriculum. But I guess that I will just end up in Harvard because of its reputation and possibilities.

Posting again to give information: 
I got in for MPP; Applicant from India. 
Got into Goldman and Harris. Waiting on WWS. 

I received Harvardkey, portal changed for me in those earlier weeks; and changed again twice today before the results. 

Final decision will depend on funding. Although Harvard is really difficult to turn down! 

Rejected but absolutely not dejected.

Had applied to mpa id. Rejection letter says they acknowledge my commitment and dedication towards public interest.

Will definitely try next year with a better GRE score and ofcourse will have more work experience. 

Those who are selected but were rejected earlier any special tips on how to improve so as to make a compelling case for next year.

CONGRATS those who are in and WE WILL do it next year to all those who are not selected this year.

Just checked my e-mail and I didn't get in. I'm super excited for everyone who did! Looks like I'll be heading to GWU in the fall (Super Excited!!!). :)

I was rejected! :( I felt very down this entire day, but I re-read one of the entries on the HKS blog and it gave me a lot of strength. I really do hope another door opens up for me. I thought HKS would be the school I would attend. Thanks to all who kept this thread positive and uplifting. Whether you got accepted or not, may the journey be one filled with happiness. :)

guys is anyone going to the new admit day? Are these worthwhile?

Its a fair journey for me. HK-Boston which is like a 15 hour flight.

But it would be great to get a 'fee' for the place so can hit the ground running when the semester starts.

Also would help get ahead on the logistics.

Any thoughts appreciated. 

AllDayCafe, I haven't heard anything from the CPL fellowship I applied to (or the other non-CPL fellowship, for that matter), although frankly, I would be surprised if I got it.  The featured fellows on the website often have pretty damn impressive resumes...

3 hours ago, Pacey17 said:

guys is anyone going to the new admit day? Are these worthwhile?

Its a fair journey for me. HK-Boston which is like a 15 hour flight.

But it would be great to get a 'fee' for the place so can hit the ground running when the semester starts.

Also would help get ahead on the logistics.

Any thoughts appreciated. 

I'm in the same boat (from Australia) - is it worth flying over for the new admits days? Do many students from different continents go to them?