Need Advice: Apply to Top Choice Now or Wait?

Kevin1990

I am currently getting my ducks in a row to apply to security studies programs like Georgetown , American SIS, Columbia SIPA, and more. By meeting the some of the quantitative pre-requisites at a local community college, taking the GRE etc. However, with my current time I probably wouldn't apply to these schools until Fall 2017 at the earliest.

My top choice program is KCL's War Studies and LSE's International Relations program which requires nether quant or the GRE. The application for both places open in about a month for admission for entry in 2017.

If I got into ether(a big If) there is a pretty good chance I'd take them other my otheir choices stateside.

I was wondering if  I should apply to these now since they are my top choices and require none of the pre-requsites that the other schools require or wait and apply to everything at same time? So I'd be better able to compare etc.

Thank you in advance for any advice I I receive

When do you want to go to school? 2017 or 2018? If you are okay with going to school next year, apply int'l now. If you actually only want to start school in 2018, wait. If you'd only be willing to start school earlier if you get into the top int'l programs, apply now. You're overthinking this a little I think.

Surprised those are your top choices; both are gold names in the field, but neither holds a candle to Georgetown security, SIPA, SAIS, or Fletcher. Georgetown - the security program that is, not one of the random regional programs at the foreign service school, which are quite weak - really stands out for the quality career opportunities it seems to lend its grads.