Fall 2017 Applicants

fbuggey93

8 hours ago, Mrfluffo said:

Did you apply ASP? Congratulations!

I was just going to ask the same thing! None of the people I know from my cohort have posted anything on their Facebook, so it's worrying me (unless they're doing it in waves).  Thank you Mrfluffo, keep us updated on your status!

4 hours ago, LWil said:

I was just going to ask the same thing! None of the people I know from my cohort have posted anything on their Facebook, so it's worrying me (unless they're doing it in waves).  Thank you Mrfluffo, keep us updated on your status!

Yeah, of course! Did you hear back from the email you sent?

2 hours ago, Mrfluffo said:

Not yet! It's a hit or miss when e-mailing them, haha.  I will let you know, though!

On 9/23/2016 at 5:04 PM, CCD2016 said:

Still configuring an exact list, but: University of Pittsburgh, University of Iowa, University of Wisconsin, WUSTL, Denver University, and University of Utah.

I am also applying to the University of Utah. Whats your major? Have you started the application? 

5 hours ago, Mrfluffo said:

I received a new email saying the fall acceptance was an error and that I did indeed get into the ASP MSW Program!

56 minutes ago, Mrfluffo said:

OMG! I'm happy for you but so jealous lol ughhh just wanna know already!

Thank you! I have a feeling that they will be doing it in waves? 

42 minutes ago, Mrfluffo said:

Maybe? I haven't heard anything yet, I'd be surprised if I hear anything today

No one I know personally has heard anything yet either.  Maybe mine was a fluke!

Hey,

Congrats on the admissions and fingers crossed for those still waiting! 

Can someone comment on Columbia's social work program and Berkeley's social welfare program? I have to choose between these MSW programs and I don't know where I should go. Columbia notified us that they've extended their admission acceptance deadline which raises a few eyebrows in why people aren't jumping on Columbia's boat. I don't know anything about the difference at private and public institutions as I applied as an international student. People have told me that Columbia has more resources for graduate students because it's a private school. UC Berkeley's social justice culture is really appealing to me but I want to ensure that there is still a foundation in supporting people through experience and interaction. 

Thanks everyone~

Edited by Davei

On 3/17/2017 at 10:55 AM, tapegunhero said:

I am also applying to the University of Utah. Whats your major? Have you started the application? 

I applied in the fall. I was a political science major during undergraduate. I have not heard back from them yet, actually. Been a little worried about it. 

On 3/17/2017 at 5:32 PM, Paulmt said:

I've been lurking this forum since last night and finally made an account just for this lol but I got the same email yesterday evening! But I didn't apply ASP. Very paranoid that it was an error ?

It's probably not a fluke!! I think mine was originally because at first I applied to regular standing by accident (I didn't see the 'summer' option for ASP on the application) so they had to go in and change mine, so it might just be that I heard back early for ASP because of that!

And MrFluffo, I am not Irish, although my red hair could fool ya.  ?

Edited by LWil

Hey all, 

I made this account for this just recently, I love the updates and hearing about admission decisions. 

I applied to: University of Washington, UC Berkeley, San Jose State, Portland State, and Hunter College. 

Acceptances: UW

Rejection: UC Berkeley 

Everything else pending! 

What I know is that Columbia is a very expensive program, gives very little funding...I actually withdrew my application because I feel like it is way too expensive and the program quality is not that hight- just based on feedback from friends who have went through the program. But just my thoughts. 

Hello,

I applied to CSULA,  CSULB, and CSUF. I was recently accepted to CSULA and have a pending interview for Fullerton but I am still waiting to hear back from Long Beach. 

5 hours ago, TBMSW2017 said:

Hey all, 

I made this account for this just recently, I love the updates and hearing about admission decisions. 

I applied to: University of Washington, UC Berkeley, San Jose State, Portland State, and Hunter College. 

Acceptances: UW

Rejection: UC Berkeley 

Everything else pending! 

What I know is that Columbia is a very expensive program, gives very little funding...I actually withdrew my application because I feel like it is way too expensive and the program quality is not that hight- just based on feedback from friends who have went through the program. But just my thoughts. 

Wow you're applying all throughout the US. Thank you for sharing.  If you don't mind me asking, how did you go about deciding where to apply to? 

Congrats to everyone who has been hearing back!! This application period has been so stressful, but totally worth it. I applied/was accepted to both UW and Berkeley. 

I guess we don't hear about funding at UW until later, although I love the school and the mountains near Seattle are amazing...

I was offered an awesome fellowship at Berkeley, and as much as I really love UW I think it would be pretty stupid of me to pass up on the opportunity at Cal. 

Is anyone else thinking about/committed to Berkeley? 

Edited by KaylaJay

@flowerthor I was just recently accepted into Portland state as well! 

I guess Im basing preference on: funding/financial aid, location and diversity of city, along with student campus feel, and if there are supportive services for students, in particular, women of color, within the program. Its going to be a difficult decision! 

I applied to an amazing graduate assistantship at UW, but unfortunately, the hiring process may be a bit lengthy, as they dont start until April/May with decisions. If I were to receive the graduate assistantship, I would accept at UW hands down. 

SJSU and Portland State are both affordable schools with similar stats, so those are great options as well. SJSU seems to be focused on a transcultural emphasis in their program, and overall, Portland has a strong clinical practice along with the leadership and community building track. So decisions decisions! My roommate, who is a current college counselor, will be helping me out a lot!