Fall 2017 Applicants

fbuggey93

Wow! Everyone one applied super early! I sent in my U of M application on Dec 24th. I'm nervous but not holding my breath since it is the top ranked school! I applied for the two year program since my undergrad is in psychology. 

Congratulations to everyone for getting in though :)

10 hours ago, Westmichgal said:

Wow! Everyone one applied super early! I sent in my U of M application on Dec 24th. I'm nervous but not holding my breath since it is the top ranked school! I applied for the two year program since my undergrad is in psychology. 

Congratulations to everyone for getting in though :)

Good luck!

Hi, I applied to Simmons/BC/Wheelock/Salem State.  Simmons is my top choice so if I get in there, I plan on accepting.  I got all my applications done about a month ago, but my final transcript from Hawaii Pacific University just arrived last week, so hoping to receive a letter soon!

If anyone is going to any of these schools or just the Boston area in general and needs a new to the area pal, I could use one too!  I'm currently serving out my last couple of months in the Army!

On December 22, 2016 at 11:45 AM, green_dots21 said:

Just received my acceptance to University of Michigan for the 20-month program. My application was submitted on November 30. What a fast response! 

Congratulations on your acceptance! I applied to the University of Michigan in mid December and am getting impatient! Today "Transcript - Official Final.......Not Received" popped under "Other Required Materials." I know an official transcript is only required IF you get admitted. I don't know exactly what this means, but I guess I'll have to wait! Fingers crossed!

Edited by hollyg5

2 minutes ago, hollyg5 said:

Congratulations on your acceptance! I applied to the University of Michigan in mid December and am getting impatient! Today "Transcript - Official Final.......Not Received" popped under "Other Required Materials." I know an official transcript is only required IF you get admitted. I don't know what this means, but I guess I'll have to wait! 

Thank you! I think an official transcript is only needed to complete your application IF you didn't upload or send an unofficial transcript. I was offered tentative admissions because they didn't receive my official transcript - I just sent it. 

2 hours ago, green_dots21 said:

Thank you! I think an official transcript is only needed to complete your application IF you didn't upload or send an unofficial transcript. I was offered tentative admissions because they didn't receive my official transcript - I just sent it. 

I received my acceptance at midnight!!!!

8 hours ago, hollyg5 said:

I received my acceptance at midnight!!!!

Congrats to you and everyone else that's been accepted! I applied on November 28th and haven't heard back yet...I'm getting so anxious!! I'll be checking my email ferociously today!

Did you get an email or were you checking a web portal? 

Edited by adorablepancreas

On 1/4/2017 at 3:51 PM, wallaby22 said:

Hi, I applied to Simmons/BC/Wheelock/Salem State.  Simmons is my top choice so if I get in there, I plan on accepting.  I got all my applications done about a month ago, but my final transcript from Hawaii Pacific University just arrived last week, so hoping to receive a letter soon!

If anyone is going to any of these schools or just the Boston area in general and needs a new to the area pal, I could use one too!  I'm currently serving out my last couple of months in the Army!

Hey! I've applied to BC/Wheelock/Salem State also for the MSW program! I will need a pal because I'm going to relocate to go to school. I'm "serving" my last few months at a job I don't like. :D

Edited by akharman

2 hours ago, robrobi21 said:

When did you apply. They requested an interview from me and I had it a few days ago, I applied by December 1st so hopefully I'll hear something by the end of this month 

I submitted my application December 10! Good luck @robrobi21!

1 hour ago, adorablepancreas said:

Congrats to you and everyone else that's been accepted! I applied on November 28th and haven't heard back yet...I'm getting so anxious!! I'll be checking my email ferociously today!

Did you get an email or were you checking a web portal? 

Thank you! I was checking my web portal constantly and at midnight a "View Decision" link popped up. 

Seeing all these acceptances is making me excited! I submitted my UConn app on 1/2, the status changed to "completed" on 1/5, meaning they've reviewed that I have all the necessary paperwork in. I hope this means they'll review it soon!

On 9/11/2016 at 5:44 PM, Opalescent_Blue said:

BU, Boston College and Simmons are my focus right now...

I'm looking to go to school in the Boston area too! I applied to BC, Wheelock, and Salem State. 

3 hours ago, adorablepancreas said:

Does anyone know how they organize which decisions are sent out when? Is it by last name? I assumed it would have been by application date but I submitted mine before some folks who have heard back already so I'm just curious! 

I have no idea. It could be by program timeline (16 month vs 20 month), whether or not you applied for a special program (I didn't). Maybe it depends on the specific admissions committee. I'm not sure how it works but based on past threads, people who applied by the early deadline should hear by mid to late January.

22 hours ago, green_dots21 said:

I have no idea. It could be by program timeline (16 month vs 20 month), whether or not you applied for a special program (I didn't). Maybe it depends on the specific admissions committee. I'm not sure how it works but based on past threads, people who applied by the early deadline should hear by mid to late January.

Good to know, thank you! 

I applied to UCLA, University of Washington, and Portland State. Not supposed to hear back till March but I can't stop checking everyday. Did anyone else apply to those schools?

1 hour ago, ango186 said:

I applied to UCLA, University of Washington, and Portland State. Not supposed to hear back till March but I can't stop checking everyday. Did anyone else apply to those schools?

I'm applying to all of them! I've submitted UW and Portland but still have to finish my essay for UCLA. 

On 1/6/2017 at 3:32 PM, adorablepancreas said:

I just received an email with my acceptance to NYU Silver School of Social Work!!!!

Congratulations! It is quite an achievement. I wished the SW Phd programs notified as early as the MSWs