Macro vs. Human Services?

callahbd

Hi - I am wondering if anyone has any advice on macro programs vs. MS in human services (or something similar). To give some background: I work full-time and will continue to while pursuing a graduate degree, so I have been looking at exclusively online or hybrid programs in the Boston area. I have ruled out an MPA given that it feels too close to an MBA and ideally, I'm looking for a program that blends my desire to work in non-profit leadership (have 3+ years non-profit experience), but stay close to community/youth work as much as possible. I know BU has an online macro MSW, but my undergrad GPA is a 2.955 and they specifically state I'd need to take the GRE to be considered. I've also looked into Northeastern's MS in human services (http://www.northeastern.edu/online/degrees/masters-human-services/), which sounds ideal, but I'm not sure I know enough about the career trajectory to go ahead with that program full steam. i.e. is it worth it?

Anyone here weighed similar programs/career paths? Any insight is helpful! Thanks!