How should I know if I meet Stanford MS&E MS mathematics background requirement?

roln

It looks very vague from MS&E website if the applicant is from a different university from Stanford. 

There is a math course requirements before applying this program.

I am a CS and Marketing double degrees student, and I have taken two math papers in my undergrad study covering multiple variable calculus and linear algebra. I completed those courses with excellent marks.  

But to my best knowledge, these courses share but not perfectly equivalent to MATH 51' content in Stanford. So should I still apply for MS&E.

How do admission officers evaluate my course background based on my transcript, do they do google search on those course names?

"The program is open to all with a bachelors degree. Students are expected to have completed both MATH 51 
Linear Algebra and Differential Calculus of Several Variable, or an equivalent  multivariable differential
calculus course and CS 106A Programming Methodology, or an equivalent general
programming course, before beginning graduate study. These courses do not count
toward degree requirements. Committee will look at your transcripts for this.
"

Someone in the program may be better qualified to answer but when schools are looking for "an equivalent course", they almost never ever mean "exactly the same course content". There is variation in courses all across the country, but something like Linear Algebra would be fairly similar in all first/second year undergrad math courses. That's okay---you don't need to have taken the exact same readings/homework/tests etc. The main way the committee will evaluate if you have this requirement is to look for courses with similar names in your transcript, so you should be set.

If you want more lines of reasoning... 

1. If you can learn Linear Algebra from your own college then you are likely able to learn whatever other Linear Algebra concepts that Stanford teaches when it's necessary.

2. Even Stanford students who took MATH 51 in their first year will have forgotten much of the material by the time they are in the grad program, so it's not like their knowledge is going to be much different than someone who took Linear Algebra at another school.

3. In other grad programs, the requirement may be something like "A BS Physics degree" even though there are a wide range of Physics BS degrees across the country. Some programs will be missing entire courses or have different level of requirements in things like labwork etc. But that's okay, most Physics PhD programs just want someone with a BS in Physics and any specific missing skills can be learned in the grad program. Similarly, it sounds like this program wants someone familiar with Linear Algebra & multi-variable calculus, but any missing specific skills or knowledge of some method or theorem can be taught when you get there.

(In the above "Linear Algebra" can also be replaced with any of the other classes they mention)

So, yes you should apply! If you are still concerned, you can ask a prof in the department, but it sounds like your courses are similar enough.