GRE Quantitative Question

Can someone confirm whether test administrators will provide you with formulas during the two quantitative sections of the GRE?  I was told by a classmate that he was given the formulas upon request while he took the GRE; however, this does not sound right.  Additionally, I have been unable to find any information online regarding this, and I feel that at least ETS' website would have mentioned this.

I took the test this morning. ETS does not provide you with quant formulas. Knowing the formulas is part of the test.

When I took the SAT a decade ago, test-takers were not expected to memorize the math formulas; on the GRE, they are.

If the test center administrator gave your friend the formulas, that sounds rather odd. Test center administrators only give you a pencil and scratch paper. That's it.

16 minutes ago, afgun_haund said:

I took the test this morning. ETS does not provide you with quant formulas. Knowing the formulas is part of the test.

When I took the SAT a decade ago, test-takers were not expected to memorize the math formulas; on the GRE, they are.

If the test center administrator gave your friend the formulas, that sounds rather odd. Test center administrators only give you a pencil and scratch paper. That's it.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure if the person who told me this was misremembering as they had taken the test at least a year or two prior or why they might have said they were given the formulas.