DAAD 2017-2018

maelia8

37 minutes ago, mariammar said:

Hi, everyone! 

I have  problem and maybe you can help me. I created daad portal and uploaded my application, but I had some mistakes and  created new Portal with another mail. At Daad office i was told, that this was not problem, because I brought at office only one printed application (with second mail). they told me that old one would be canceled. Today I've checked both portals, application status is different, but I was shocked because on old portal my application status is -" Auswahl erfolgt"  and on new one -  "Bewerbung storniert" . what this mean? I am absolutely nervous,   how could this have happened? 

sorry for my language mistakes

You need to email DAAD or call on Monday when the offices are open. It is possible that they just updated the wrong ones. 

Hi Folks,

Are we fairly confident that if Selection Made switches to Funding, in tandem with the appearance of a Declaration of Acceptance tab, that Intensive Language applicants have, indeed, been awarded the grant?

I've been in the same boat as several other folks on here have, in terms of that change happening a week or so ago. I suppose I'm paranoid that it's not a true guarantee of funding. Has anyone contacted the DAAD about this?

Thanks!

8 hours ago, NotTodaySatan said:

Hi Folks,

Are we fairly confident that if Selection Made switches to Funding, in tandem with the appearance of a Declaration of Acceptance tab, that Intensive Language applicants have, indeed, been awarded the grant?

I've been in the same boat as several other folks on here have, in terms of that change happening a week or so ago. I suppose I'm paranoid that it's not a true guarantee of funding. Has anyone contacted the DAAD about this?

Thanks!

My status is the same, for the same grant.  When I asked DAAD New York about what it meant they replied that the results would be announced by the end of March.

I am confident that that is what Selection Made --> Funding means, having poked around on last year's discussion thread and also seen a DAAD tutorial about requesting spousal/child benefits (which can only be done for a grant that was awarded; the screenshots illustrating an example showed the grants that must have been approved as "Funding" under their status).  That said, I remain paranoid, habitually checking this forum and the DAAD portal.

@Horb I know we aren't supposed to hear about research grants til April, but I can't remember where in the portal to look to check application status. Are they just going to email us, or should I re-learn how to navigate the blasted site?

8 hours ago, maelia8 said:

@Horb I know we aren't supposed to hear about research grants til April, but I can't remember where in the portal to look to check application status. Are they just going to email us, or should I re-learn how to navigate the blasted site?

I didn't end up applying this year, but it should be on the portal and they should contact you by mail. However, they never follow one protocol (which is why I didn't apply; I couldn't stand their application system), so idk what they'll do this year.

On 3/8/2017 at 9:14 PM, NotTodaySatan said:

Hi Folks,

Thanks!

On 3/9/2017 at 6:09 AM, KaffeePause11 said:

My status is the same, for the same grant.  When I asked DAAD New York about what it meant they replied that the results would be announced by the end of March.

I am confident that that is what Selection Made --> Funding means, having poked around on last year's discussion thread and also seen a DAAD tutorial about requesting spousal/child benefits (which can only be done for a grant that was awarded; the screenshots illustrating an example showed the grants that must have been approved as "Funding" under their status).  That said, I remain paranoid, habitually checking this forum and the DAAD portal.

On 3/3/2017 at 5:28 PM, War&Peace said:

My status switched from "Selection Made" to "Funding" sometime recently as well. Intensive Language Grant. 

I also now see a "Declaration of Acceptance" menu in the portal on the left side (under Application and Funding Review)  but have not received a notification, message, or document either on the portal nor on email. 

best of luck all

Have any of you guys heared anything (by email or otherwise)?

Applied for the Grad Study Scholarship for my master's degree (actually my second year, but I didn't get it the first year) - my status just changed today from "application submitted" to "selection made". Last year it just went straight to "application rejected". Dare I hope that I actually managed it this time?!

I am applied for intensive language course, my application status changed into "Funding" in 13th March, but I hadn't official notification. Today I receive awardletter. I am happy. So, "Funding" status means that you are awarded.

Good luck everyone  ?

Heads up, another person in my program got an email about a research grant earlier today (rejection), so fingers crossed that the rest of research applicants hear back soon! Hopefully the fact that I haven't heard back yet is a good thing if they sent out rejections earlier? Mine still just says "selection made."

Just got word this evening that I was rejected for the long-term Research Grant for Doctoral Candidates. The rejection letter said that they got 149 applications and were able to award 59. The letter contained an overall score of 8.25 out of 10, not sure what the cut off was, though. If you haven't gotten notice yet that might be a good sign.

1 hour ago, publicsoc said:

Just got word this evening that I was rejected for the long-term Research Grant for Doctoral Candidates. The rejection letter said that they got 149 applications and were able to award 59. The letter contained an overall score of 8.25 out of 10, not sure what the cut off was, though. If you haven't gotten notice yet that might be a good sign.

My colleague got 8.5/10 and was also rejected, so if there's a cut-off, it must be higher than that ... kinda weirded out by the timing though, as it was apparently after 8pm on the East Coast and around 1 am in Germany when he got the notification? Maybe they had it on timed release?

Hi everyone!

Just signed up in this forum to share something. I applied for a grad course scholarship.

Last night I got an email from Carl Duisberg training center confirming my language training course on behalf of DAAD. Even with dates!!

Here's the catch: I have not yet received any confirmation directly from DAAD (No rejection letter/No award letter/No more status displayed in DAAD portal after seeing "selection made") yet

Me being an anxious over thinker, I did some research: According to this recent Quora question the results for grad application should arrive even as late as April. I also saw a DAAD FAQs where it says that confirmation letter arrival also depends on your home country's postal speed.

I guess I'll just assume that my letter (whatever it will be) is coming late because we have a really slow postal service in my country. What do you guys think?

Happy for everyone who got their confirmations! And for the ones who got rejected -I've mentally prepared myself for a rejection as well and since I really wanted this, I told myself I'm just going to keep on applying until I get it. So keep going for it.

With metta,

j

Screen Shot 2017-03-22 at 10.48.22 AM.png

jdcakess, that sounds like a very promising sign! Maybe the DAAD makes all these arrangements in advance, and the training centre didn't realise you hadn't actually received the notification yet. Either way, fingers crossed that it's as positive as it looks!

My status is still "selection made" (as of exactly one week today), but I did notice something strange recently about my application in the portal. Since I'm applying for the second year of my Masters and it doesn't quite last a full year, I entered a shorter funding period in my application, with an end date in July 2018. Up until last week, the requesting funding end date was still July 2018 (I'm 100% sure of this), but sometime within the last week it was changed to September 2018. My last two applications (both rejected) still show my original requested end dates.

At this point I'm just going a bit crazy trying to read meaning in little details like that. :wacko: Hopefully they let us know soon so at least this painful period of anticipation can come to an end, either way.

On 3/21/2017 at 9:27 AM, mariammar said:

I am applied for intensive language course, my application status changed into "Funding" in 13th March, but I hadn't official notification. Today I receive awardletter. I am happy. So, "Funding" status means that you are awarded.

Good luck everyone  ?

Can I ask-- did you receive the award letter via email, regular mail, or in the DAAD Portal?

Hey everybody!

Those of you who saw the portal changes:  was that simply because you checked the portal regularly?  I only checked my status after reading the thread, and yesterday it said Selection Made.  I don't know when it switched though, as I hadn't logged in since submitting the application.  I am applying for long-term research.

It looks like the odds may be a little better this year.  I dug out my rejection from last year, and they had 157 applicants and 40 scholarships.  (8.43/10 wasn't enough, for perspective.)

Good Luck to everyone still in the running!  Selection Made hopefully means any day now...

@pup do you think that they are doing several rounds of gradual acceptances and eliminations, or does the fact that we are still at "selection made" when others seeking research grants already got rejected a week ago is a good sign?

2 hours ago, maelia8 said:

@pup do you think that they are doing several rounds of gradual acceptances and eliminations, or does the fact that we are still at "selection made" when others seeking research grants already got rejected a week ago is a good sign?

Good question!  I'd like to hope the latter, but I recall a lot of parsing of potential outcomes of portal statuses last year and I'm not sure what the final verdict was.

I think I saw you had a great outcome for Fulbright, congratulations!

On 22/03/2017 at 2:05 PM, Anjana017 said:

Hi Friends, 

I have applied for long-term Research Grant. My application status still indicate as "Selection Made" since last week and no updates yet.

Are u applying from DAAD India? In my case my application status changed from application submitted to selection made on 13 march.

Since then no news .. although at the time of interview they have given a letter stating that the result will be announced around end of March....