DAAD 2017-2018

maelia8

Hi, everyone :)

Anyone applied for "Research Stays for University Academics"? My status in the portal has not even changed, it is still "application submitted" and it's kind of worrying:huh:

Hi all, 

I've been lurking but haven't posted anything till now. Just for the sake of updating, I'm US based, applied for the Summer Language Intensive, and found out this morning through the portal that I've been accepted (came with a bunch of to-dos and paperwork). Anywho, best of luck to all who have been waiting to hear, and I hope you all get your grants! 

8 hours ago, zadigblue said:

IT SAYS FUNDING!!!

Third time really was the charm... I guess it pays to be persistent. :lol:

Herzliche Glückwünsche!

You're right, persistence is key to funding (and grad school and life even?)!  I applied for long-term funding from DAAD last year and didn't get it.  I checked this morning, and my portal says Funding!

Edited by pup
clarity

8 hours ago, zadigblue said:

IT SAYS FUNDING!!!

Third time really was the charm... I guess it pays to be persistent. :lol:

4 minutes ago, pup said:

Herzliche Glückwünsche!

You're right, persistence is key to funding (and grad school and life even?)!  I applied for long-term funding from DAAD and didn't get it.  I checked this morning, and my portal says Funding!

Congratulations guys!!! Mine went to "funding" this morning too!!! What a great notice to wake up to :lol:

@pup no idea, the online interface changes mightily each year :blink: Fingers crossed we hear soon! Their notification times are notoriously weird.

3 hours ago, pup said:

Does anyone recall from prior years or personal experience how long it takes to go from a status change in the portal to receiving a message?  I'm just in a state of disbelief until I see more than one word!

I received letter in 8 days, don't be in panic, if you have 'funding' status, you are really awarded ❤

Edited by mariammar

40 minutes ago, mariammar said:

I received letter in 8 days, don't be in panic, if you have 'funding' status, you are really awarded ❤

Yes, I can confirm this. This was the experience of everyone last year, and I just received the full award details about 15-20 days after it originally switched to Funding

25 minutes ago, War&Peace said:

Yes, I can confirm this. This was the experience of everyone last year, and I just received the full award details about 15-20 days after it originally switched to Funding

Congratulations! I was sure, that you were awarded like me.  I'm so happy for you ^.^

Edited by mariammar

39 minutes ago, tumbi said:

Those of you that got the grad scholarship, what region are you from?

Congrats btw.

I applied through DAAD NY, although I'm currently resident in Germany.

1 hour ago, tumbi said:

Those of you that got the grad scholarship, what region are you from?

Congrats btw.

I'm from the US and applied through DAAD NY (though it was in consultation with the San Francisco Information Center close to where I live).

Got the "funding" status this morning as well (for a research grant). Got lucky on the second application.

No letter just yet, though.

Edited by Antonk

Hello! After weeks of lurking, I finally made an account. My application status has also changed to "Funding" for a Master's study scholarship! Has everyone already applied to the German institution and been accepted? I haven't applied yet because my application deadline in June 15 and I wanted to see if I was awarded the scholarship before I applied (since I couldn't attend unless I had a scholarship). Am I late to the game? Should I be worried? I'm hoping to have the application submitted by the end of April. Thanks everyone! 

@kasskart I don't think you need to worry, German universities' timeline is very relaxed. If it's not due until June you're solid. I'd even wait for the official award letter from DAAD before you apply as you can provide it as proof of funding in your application.

Hello,

I applied to the "Research Grants - Doctoral Programmes in Germany, 2017/18" and just today the application status changed to "selection made", is this a good sign???

congrats for accepted applicants, and good luck for all

1 hour ago, mom5298 said:

Mom5298, what was the status before today?

Hello,

I applied to the "Research Grants - Doctoral Programmes in Germany, 2017/18" and just today the application status changed to "selection made", is this a good sign???

congrats for accepted applicants, and good luck for all

mom5298, strange, I had "selection made" for a long time until Monday, when it changed first to blank, and then to "funding." I've applied for the "Research Grants for Doctoral Candidates and Young Academics and Scientists" though.

Edited by Antonk

Hey Everyone,

I've applied to the Graduate Study Grant, and my portal currently says the status is "funding." Are we 100% sure that this means that I was accepted, or are we hoping that it does? I just wanted to be cautious before telling anyone!

Thank you!

@hbfisch00 pretty sure it means you're funded, or at least, that's the consensus on the forum! Like you, I've held off telling anyone officially, but I think I may have to on Monday.

@hbfisch00, Congratulations!

Yes, it seems that optimism is probably warranted at this point.  I looked through last year's thread on this topic, and there were similar delays in the official letter.  Still, it would be very nice to see more than one word for confirmation!

After contacting my university grants office about the situation, they should it would probably be fine to let my advisor and department head know, but I haven't informed anyone else (except you all!).

Hopefully we receive something more definite this week!