Stanford GSE

day_manderly

4 hours ago, OhMyGodric17 said:

I hope you all get in!

I mentioned before that I was accepted to STEP - I would really like to attend, but so far financial aid is a bit unclear. They have a "STEP fellowship" which I initially thought meant each student might get up to $25,000... though it looks more like that amount is divided among the cohort and maybe amounts to a few thousand dollars. It also looks like STEP folks are eligible for a $25,000 forgivable loan... but uh... that still leaves about $50,000 to be covered in other loans. I don't know how manageable that would be on a teacher's salary :-\

I was admitted last Friday, but nobody has mentioned any financial aid package as of yet :wacko:

Good luck! I really hope that the financial process works for all of us!

Hey guys, just adding to info regarding decisions + timelines. I applied to GSE with GRE scores 161 verbal, 160 quant, 5.5 AWA. 

On Feb 3rd my potential advisor told me I was on the shortlist, and received official news that I got in Feb 14.

Now I'll see if I can actually afford it....

1 hour ago, peezybee said:

Hey guys, just adding to info regarding decisions + timelines. I applied to GSE with GRE scores 161 verbal, 160 quant, 5.5 AWA. 

On Feb 3rd my potential advisor told me I was on the shortlist, and received official news that I got in Feb 14.

Now I'll see if I can actually afford it....

This is PhD, right?

this is the part of the website that worries me: "The Academic Services office will send decision letters electronically for all applicants starting mid-February for doctoral programs, early March for STEP applicants, and mid-March for non-STEP masters programs."

13 minutes ago, 525,600min said:

this is the part of the website that worries me: "The Academic Services office will send decision letters electronically for all applicants starting mid-February for doctoral programs, early March for STEP applicants, and mid-March for non-STEP masters programs."

I saw the STEP applicants received their decisions in Feb. The actual decision time is usually ahead of what is said in the website.

Edited by bzcqdacube??