GRE scores for clinical psych

js.psych

Hi everyone!  First time poster here.  I've been reading through different threads on GRE scores and was wondering if I could get some insight on my scores for Canadian clinical psych applications.  So many programs don't specify a cut-off so it's hard to know whether or not you'll be screwed if you have a low score, and we all know how brutal this exam is, so the thought of retaking it is really unappealing.

Anyway, I wrote the exam about a week ago and got lower scores than anticipated: 149Q and 157V.  I expected higher for verbal but I think 75th percentile is alright, but obviously my math score is pretty low.  I'm not the best at math and the time constraint and anxiety got to me on test day.  Today, I got my analytical writing score and I scored a 6 which is the 99th percentile.  Is it possible that my writing and verbal scores could make up for my poor math score?  I also have decent stats grades.  It's such a tough call because I'd rather focus on studying for the subject test now and working on applications rather than studying for the general test again.  

Thanks so much guys!  And good luck to everyone applying this year!

**Edit: I thought I'd add where I'm applying!

OISE: School and Clinical Child Psychology (doesn't require GRE scores, and this is my first choice)

University of Ottawa (doesn't require GRE scores)

Simon Fraser University

University of Guelph

Dalhousie University

and potentially York University but I'm not 100% decided yet

Edited by js.psych