Chances for UCF CJ/MPA dual program

So I applied for a new program the University of Central Florida just started, which is a dual masters degree in both criminal justice and public administration. Just kind of wanted to get a general idea what you guys might think my chances are for admission into such a program.

GPA: 3.16 from the University of Florida (Finance major)

The low GPA was due to one semester of straight C's because I thought I was going to major in accounting. Boy was I wrong...

This program does not require a GRE score which is why it is the first program I applied to seeing as how I have yet to take the GRE. I emailed an admissions person and they said it is highly recommended if your GPA is below a 3.0.

I'm currently a police officer in the state of Florida. Not too many special certifications or anything to add to my resume as I have only been on the force for about 8 months.

Before that I was part of a sort of apprenticeship program with the same police department where I was sponsored through the police academy, held leadership positions, 2nd in the class in academics, etc.

I held an internship with a federal law enforcement agency while attending UF where I also trained the new interns.

I've held a student job with the UF police department while attending UF.

I think I screwed up my admissions essay slightly, but I'm going to have 3 awesome letters of recommendation from people in the criminal justice field. Just wanted some honest opinions into what you think my chances might be for such a program. I'm 21 btw. I think I could easily get into the criminal justice program with no problem, it's the mpa side that I'm worried about due to my age and lack of professional leadership experience.

• 2 weeks later...

What was you major GPA? For instance, my cumulative GPA is absolutely terrible; however, my major GPA was 3.66, and I have a 4.0 in a grad program. From what I know, programs are usually concerned with your major GPA/last 60 credit hours. You appear to have a competitive application as far as experience goes, though.