Hello all,

I'm excited to have found this great resource, so I'm hoping to find someone that can help me out and give me some great suggestions. For the longest time, I was convinced that forensic anthropology was the route to go with the job market being okay and there being plenty of schools for the degree. After I visited some graduate schools, I decided to stick with my true interest: Osteoarchaeology! Now, I'm having a hard time finding schools that would give me what I need to continue on that path. 

The schools I visited were small and I was really happy about the close-knit feeling of the programs. I'm keeping the University of Indianapolis on my list for their Anthropology program, but I don't know if it will be exactly what I need for my future. Does anyone have suggestions as to which schools I should look into that focus heavily on osteology? My preference is for a small, but well funded program so that I can get the attention and focus I would like to experience. 

Thank you for all your help! 

Megan

12 minutes ago, mhoffman9 said:

Hello all,

I'm excited to have found this great resource, so I'm hoping to find someone that can help me out and give me some great suggestions. For the longest time, I was convinced that forensic anthropology was the route to go with the job market being okay and there being plenty of schools for the degree. After I visited some graduate schools, I decided to stick with my true interest: Osteoarchaeology! Now, I'm having a hard time finding schools that would give me what I need to continue on that path. 

The schools I visited were small and I was really happy about the close-knit feeling of the programs. I'm keeping the University of Indianapolis on my list for their Anthropology program, but I don't know if it will be exactly what I need for my future. Does anyone have suggestions as to which schools I should look into that focus heavily on osteology? My preference is for a small, but well funded program so that I can get the attention and focus I would like to experience. 

Megan

It truly depends on what your interests are when it comes to bioarchaeology/osteoarchaeology. It's such a HUGE subfield that there are so many possibilities for graduate school. You'd have to narrow down your interests a lot. I just started my MA program for bioarchaeology and I absolutely love the program. If you want some help with finding schools and to talk about your interests, please PM me. I'm more than willing to help you out. I looked at every possible school in the US with specialties in bioarchaeology, so I definitely can tell you where to apply, especially with funding.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2016 at 8:42 PM, mhoffman9 said:

Hello all,

Megan

Hello Megan,

I shot you some information via personal message about Cornell's program about a week ago. Please check it out! 

Edited by Almaqah Thwn

• 3 months later...

Hey Megan, 

If you're interested in schools abroad, I would definitely suggest you check out University of Sheffield in England. It's top-notch and the community feel there is amazing. I can tell you all about it if you're interested. I just graduated with my Osteo masters :)