Welcome to the 2016-17 cycle!

1 hour ago, kwaddy said:

I posted today's Brown rejection. I just got the email today. I hope you get an acceptance. I don't think (hope not) they are finished yet.

Thank you. I just called the Graduate School and they said they haven't received anything regarding my file from the poli sci department as yet. 

6 minutes ago, zapatos said:

Claiming one of the acceptances! No shenanigans this time

You are on fire! Congrats, congrats, congrats! I imagine you have a super tough decision to make now. Will you try to visit all your programs, or are you leaning towards some of the offers?

First of all, congratulations to everyone accepted these last two weeks! I haven't been posting lately and I.was kind of avoiding coming here because I felt somewhat sad for the negative feedback I got for this cycle (though I expected it since I'd done everything in a rush, it still made me feel bad haha). I was accepted to NYU's MA and I am seriously considering it, since it's my only offer. (There is still one result to come in, but acceptances are out and it was a reaaaaally long shot, anyway, so I'm not counting on it). Even with this bittersweet ending to my cycle, I'd like to thank you all for the support and incentive you provided. To those of you still waiting, I hope you get good news soon XD

Now I have a lot of thinking, talking and deciding to do haha.

8 minutes ago, Bibica said:

You are on fire! Congrats, congrats, congrats! I imagine you have a super tough decision to make now. Will you try to visit all your programs, or are you leaning towards some of the offers?

5 minutes ago, RevTheory1126 said:

WOW! Yeah, on fire is right. Congrats!

Thank you! Yes I'm trying to visit them all if my work will let me take off enough days :unsure: What about you guys? It's going to be a really really tough decision and I'm going to try to focus on faculty fit, the grad student culture, and quality of life/location. It's the next 5-7(+) years of our lives!