Welcome to the 2016-17 cycle!

33 minutes ago, Kenga said:

But usually (my experience) they studied American politics before because they studied in the US. A complete international usually doesnt have the chance to study American politics prior to their acceptance into a PhD. What I wanted to say with that was that I think it is highly unlikely given my experience and experience from people I know: Internationals that studied internationally do not end up in the American subfield.

Well, I am an international student, who works on American politics, not yet in grad school and I live outside of the United States. There are a large number of programs outside the US that deal with American politics, not to mention scholars. 

1 minute ago, rimbaldienne said:

Well, I am an international student, who works on American politics, not yet in grad school and I live outside of the United States. There are a large number of programs outside the US that deal with American politics, not to mention scholars. 

Canada esp. has a lot of Americanists and undergrads that get interested in the field. 

A little question for those who applied to UMich: when you go to their Wolverine Access, what is the "Date Received" that appears for the Recommendations? Mine shows 02/08/2017, but my letters were sent way earlier than that.

9 minutes ago, VMcJ said:

A little question for those who applied to UMich: when you go to their Wolverine Access, what is the "Date Received" that appears for the Recommendations? Mine shows 02/08/2017, but my letters were sent way earlier than that.

I sent an email to ask them about this a while ago. They said that they had problems transferring information from the ApplyWeb portal to Wolverine Access around mid-late December. They ensure me that as long as the date received on the ApplyWeb portal is before the deadline, I should be fine.

Hey

i know the suspense about Yale is really making everyone anxious, so apologies for going off topic - Anyway, is anyone going for th Open House at Georgetown on March 31st? Also, any idea how much they offer for airfare etc? 

Good luck to everyone! 

Edited by Wallflower8

2 minutes ago, polisci13542 said:

Is there anyone that contacted Yale about admissions? These trolls have really gotten into my head... 

So far there are 11 entries. It looks like they are real, although no one has claimed on this forum. Perplexed!

On 2/15/2017 at 7:22 AM, globetrotter126 said:

I'm so sorry, I completely missed this post! I got an admit to the SIS PhD. Received an email from the program director on 9 Feb.

No worries! And thanks for sharing the experience. I had received email little afterwards that week.

1 minute ago, resDQ said:

trolls. 11 entries and not a single claim on here.

Could be. As one of the entries states that it was referred to "check website". Past rounds of decisions suggest Yale releases all decisions--admitted, rejected and waitlisted--at once. No one has indicated a decision category other than "accepted" yet. My status has not changed either. Fingers crossed.

6 minutes ago, VMcJ said:

An acceptance by Notre Dame just appeared on the results page.

Of course that would happen. I said yesterday that I expected results this week from everybody, EXCEPT Notre Dame. :lol:

Oh. Oh man. xD

1 hour ago, magicdonhuang said:

Don't these schools realize we all need to begin working on saving the republic? Send out those acceptances!

Saving the Public? A PhD should help me become a better warlord so that I can conquer vast territories within the country and in the world when the Great War breaks out. 

Saving the republic... From my perspective a PhD from a very respectable program is a good safeguard against domestic turmoil. There is always the potential to apply for a faculty position in New Zealand...

2 hours ago, Kenga said:

But usually (my experience) they studied American politics before because they studied in the US. A complete international usually doesnt have the chance to study American politics prior to their acceptance into a PhD. What I wanted to say with that was that I think it is highly unlikely given my experience and experience from people I know: Internationals that studied internationally do not end up in the American subfield.

Actually, you've got one right here

1 minute ago, HermioneWannabe said:

Yeah thank you person who did this post, you've calmed a ton of people down!!

Or maybe its a ploy by the same troll to relax us and then freak us out even more? Until several people claim an admit or rejection, I ain't believing anything. And that is regardless of the program (Yale, the one ND post, and what not)