OB Applicants this year for 2017?

Zanela123

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Are there still any active OB/Management applicants on here? I haven't seen any sign of interviews at any of my schools. I'm wondering if most people are in the same boat, or if results just aren't being posted. 

I am an OB/Management applicant.

Yes some schools have conducted interviews and some schools have already extended offers.

I haven't seen that many posts of results either neither have I seen much activity here in forum.  :( 

I think today is the big deadline for most programs and we should hopefully see more postings in the next couple of weeks.

I also applied to 13 programs, 7 OB and 6 in social and I/O psychology. I had a phone interview for a social psych program, and a new faculty member at one of my OB programs connected with me on LinkedIn so I assume they've at least been looking at profiles, but haven't heard anything otherwise in terms of on-campus interviews or offers. Looking at the results page, most seem to come out in late January or early February, so I'm trying not to worry too much just yet. 

I’m an OB/Management applicant too! ^_^

19 hours ago, DrNutty said:

Yes some schools have conducted interviews and some schools have already extended offers.

I haven't seen that many posts of results either neither have I seen much activity here in forum.  :( 

I think today is the big deadline for most programs and we should hopefully see more postings in the next couple of weeks.

Which programs have conducted interviews? They are so early!

On 1/16/2017 at 8:27 AM, MRGS said:

I’m an OB/Management applicant too! ^_^

Which programs have conducted interviews? They are so early!

Not sure which schools have already conducted interviews...but it seems like someone received an invite from Wharton from the results page. Sure makes one's anxiety jump up very quickly... :(

On 1/15/2017 at 0:39 PM, DrNutty said:

@DrNutty If you don't mind sharing, which programs have you already interviewed with? Also, which schools have you heard already extended offers? 

1 hour ago, learnfordays said:

Not sure which schools have already conducted interviews...but it seems like someone received an invite from Wharton from the results page. Sure makes one's anxiety jump up very quickly... :(

Hi

Could you by any chance link me to the results page?  I can't seem to find it.  Is there one just for business?

3 hours ago, Zanela123 said:

Hi

Could you by any chance link me to the results page?  I can't seem to find it.  Is there one just for business?

If you look at the top of the page, there's a tab for results. It is not program specific but you can filter the results through keywords.

But here's a link: http://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/

4 hours ago, learnfordays said:

@DrNutty If you don't mind sharing, which programs have you already interviewed with? Also, which schools have you heard already extended offers? 

Some posted that Texas A&M has extended offers. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2017 at 0:09 PM, learnfordays said:

I had interviews with the University of South Carolina, University of Cincinnati, and University of North Texas (UNT)

I received one offer from UNT. I was told that the University of South Carolina has extended their offers already.

I have heard from some of my other schools that they are still reviewing applications, but will start scheduling skype interviews mid-February. Next week?

I can't tell you anything about top 10 schools because I didn't apply to these schools.

I have a few more interviews coming up tomorrow, Friday and most likely next Monday. So far it's been only talk..... no action. No invites to visit campus or make an offer. Nothing. I don't mind doing interviews with schools that have an initial interest in me. That gives me the opportunity too to find out if I feel like they would be a good fit for me.

I am 100% sure that a lot of interview invites and campus visits will come in the next couple of weeks. This is not the time to despair even if you see things posted her under results. This doesn't mean you are out as long as they didn't send you a rejection letter.

Heads up. Hang in there for a little longer. It's coming. I can totally feel it picking up.

Good luck everyone.

• 4 weeks later...