Taking quant classes P/F

Oh no!

Hey there future wonks!

My situation is outlined here in the "Am I competitive?" thread. I'm set to graduate soon, and will be taking some time off before applying to schools.  Since posting, I've taken a micro-focused econ course ("The Global Economy"), and I'm finishing up a graduate-level class in quantitative political science methods (which has a lot of work in R).  The catch is that I've taken both of these on a P/F basis because they're pretty far out of my comfort zone and I didn't want them to tank my grade.  I've previously taken an Intro macro course and received an A+, and an Intro stats course that I also took on a P/F basis.

So my quant work looks something like this:

Macro: A+

Stats: P

Global Econ: P

Quant methods: P (likely)

Does taking quant courses on a P/F hurt an applicant?  What about taking advanced courses, or taking many courses? From reading this forum, I've gathered that taking quant classes on a P/F basis won't help, but I guess what I'm asking is if there's a sort of inflection point where the quantity and/or quality of courses would overcome the negative aspect of pass/fail.

Thanks again guys!  This forum has been very educational.

Edited by Oh no!

All the schools I'm applying to (Syracuse/CMU/Pitt) want to see a B or higher in the quant classes they want to see proficiency in. For the MPA/MPP programs to which I'm applying, that would be algebra/stats/micro-econ. My guess would be that taking those courses P/F will neither negatively nor positively influence your application, but I could be totally wrong.

Edited by mpamppquestions