GRE Day - School Selection and other tips

evelynne

Hello!
I'm taking my GRE in two days, on Saturday... and I start to worry about small stuff, like school selection for sending scores! I would be grateful if you could share your experience with me!

1. Do we select the schools during the exam, at the beginning? Should I come prepared with my schools' codes? Should I have them written down? I can only select three schools at the day of the test? Could I update my online account with additional schools right after the test, or do I wait for the results?

2. Will they let me take a bottle of water and snacks into the exam room? Or do I come empty-handed and get access to my things during the break?

3. I read on the website that phones are forbidden, did you leave your mobile at phone? Did you bring a watch and left it outside of exam room (they seem forbidden as well)?

4. Any strategy on what to do during 1 minute breaks, except for asking for more paper :)?

5. Do we receive an e-mail from GRE after our scores are officially online, or should we keep checking the website 3 weeks after the exam?

Will the Quant and Verbal score show up right after the exam? And is it "prognosed" or fixed, and the only surprise with the official scores will be AWA score?

THANK YOU!

• 2 weeks later...

1. You send them at the end, and there's a searchance mechanism to help you find the right code. I think you can send as many as you want, but the first 3 or 4 are free. I would consult the ets website for that. 

2. Only during breaks. 

3. I left my phone in my car. Seemed less stressful that way. 

4. Stretch (blood flow). Deep breaths (calming). Clear your mind (transition). Get ready to attack (confidence).

5. You get an email. 

6. Yes, and your scores are fixed (unless there are extenuating circumstances, like you were caught cheating or broke the confidentiality agreementioned and somehow ets found out).