158/155 Q/V - Computer Science

JW543

Hi!

So, I just took the GRE today. I scored average on the GRE (158/155 Q/V - unofficial). Should I consider taking it again (standardize testing is extremely stressful for me, so I would like to avoid taking it again if possible)? I want to get into a PhD program for Computer Science.

The rest of my application is as follows:

Major: Double computer science and mathematics at unknown university

GPA: 4.0 (overall and in both majors), many upper division/graduate level mathematics and CS courses

LOR: Very strong (research advisor, mathematics chair, supervisor from MIT LL internship)

Research experience: 4 publications (3 in eye-tracking/software engineering (one is a tier-1, another is in IEEE Software Magazine, 1 in mathematics (SIAM journal))), REU at Clemson

Internship: Two summer internships at MIT LL

Talks and posters at many conferences and Goldwater Scholar.

SOP: Strong

Basically, the only unspectacular thing about my app is my GRE score. Also, if I don't retake it what universities should I consider applying to?

From one Goldwater Scholar to another: I don't know much about GRE scores to be honest, but I have been told that if the GRE is the only part of your application that isn't stellar, that you can get your letter of recommendation writers to address it in their letters to you.