question about C.V.

twitwit13

I am in the middle of applying for PhD programs and have a question about a C.V.

I have a history of changing major (to similar major) when I was in my master program. The first school was one of the Ivy league graduate schools (I was here for one semester and then moved to the second school), and the second one is an unprestigious school. 

In this case, is it better (okay or normal) to add the fact that I studied at the Ivy league graduate school for one semester in my CV (in the Education Background part on CV)? or do you think it will look bad on my CV?

Thanks in advance!

It's not so much a question of looking bad, but having spent one semester at an ivy league school before changing to another program isn't going to make you look like a more attractive candidate. You transfered out pretty quickly, so any advantage of the fancy name you might have had is probably gone. I would not include it in your CV. It'll show in transcripts, and it doesn't make the CV look stronger. 

1 hour ago, fuzzylogician said:

It's not so much a question of looking bad, but having spent one semester at an ivy league school before changing to another program isn't going to make you look like a more attractive candidate. You transfered out pretty quickly, so any advantage of the fancy name you might have had is probably gone. I would not include it in your CV. It'll show in transcripts, and it doesn't make the CV look stronger. 

Thank you! I also think it is better not to include it in my CV.