Fall 2017 I/O Psych Applicants

wecanalldothis2017

On 1/18/2017 at 6:30 PM, marsbars said:

Hope you got good news!
 If you did, and have any q's about UCF, feel free to message! I did my undergrad there! (if they told you no, then don't even worry about it- we can talk smack about the 407)

It was good! I got to know more about the program and I'm feeling really good about my chances. At this point, I'm happy to just hear from anyone because it's been dead silence otherwise.

39 minutes ago, Volo said:

It was good! I got to know more about the program and I'm feeling really good about my chances. At this point, I'm happy to just hear from anyone because it's been dead silence otherwise.

Congrats on the good news! Honestly, im stuck in the awkward radio silence phase as well with my apps (1 phone interview, 1 rejection, 10 apps of nothing yet)

I/O and social takes so long to respond!

On 11/15/2016 at 1:08 AM, wecanalldothis2017 said:

Hey Volo! 

U of Conn. was the ONE and only program that never even bothered to email me back. I kept checking my junk email to see if it got in there, I was shocked not even a reply. To be honest, other prestigious schools who emailed me back within 2 hours, I felt U of Conn. to be rather rude in not even a reply months later. I decided to take them off my list of schools because of it. I wouldn't waste my time or money applying to a school who doesn't have the etiquette or respect to do their job and email students back. *Sorry* just my two cents. Good luck! :)

First of all, I would like to apologize on behalf of UCONN's I/O program to you and anyone else who has gotten radio silence from us. We are unbelievably disheartened to hear that no one replied to your inquiries. I am a current graduate student and one of the graduate student representatives this year in the program and am happy to answer any and all questions anyone might have about our program. We take students every year and, especially as a graduate student, I take the process very seriously. I assure you that I'll follow up on this issue and make sure it does not happen to anyone else in the future. Again, I'm very sorry you had a negative experience and wish you the best of luck!

Did anyone apply priority admission for USC's Applied Psychology program? I think they were sending out decisions yesterday but I haven't heard anything. Nervous wreck over here!  

On 1/25/2017 at 1:54 PM, QuickFelix said:

Soooooooo, anyone have any gossip on Rice? Are they accepting applicants this year...if so, any time soon?  I'm getting twitchy over here.

Depends on your POI. I don't think Salas is taking anyone this year.

Hi everyone,

I applied to 10 PhD programs. I've had one rejection and nothing from the rest. However, I've seen postings that several of these schools have already sent out interview invites. Does the lack of interview basically an indication that I have been rejected? It seems like most schools have interview weekends in mid February so it seems like they would have their invites out already. Is it safe to assume I won't get in anywhere?

13 hours ago, Donut_77 said:

Hi everyone,

I applied to 10 PhD programs. I've had one rejection and nothing from the rest. However, I've seen postings that several of these schools have already sent out interview invites. Does the lack of interview basically an indication that I have been rejected? It seems like most schools have interview weekends in mid February so it seems like they would have their invites out already. Is it safe to assume I won't get in anywhere?

At this point, you most likely missed the first wave of interviews (I only got 1/7, so I empathize /:). If applicants in the first wave don't pan out, you could hear from those programs later on. Your chances are better if you are part of the first wave, but it's not a complete lost cause. It's not a great position to be in, but it's not truly over until you hear a firm confirmation of a denial.

7 hours ago, PsychicLogy said:

Hi There,

Has anyone heard anything from other I/O PhD programs. I was wait-listed at one and I haven't heard anything from the other 7 schools I applied to (Most in the D.C. area)

I've gotten a couple of phone interviews, one visitation invite, haven't heard anything from the majority though. I'd wait til mid-late February to start freaking out.

Has anyone applied to the Master's in I/O Psych at Baruch College? If so, do you know when they start to send out decisions? I applied on Dec. 20, 2016.

Unfortunately due to my inability to relocate as well as tuition expenses I was limited to two programs so I hope I hear something good! I know only applying to two programs is a risk, but these are not super reach schools i.e. like NYU (even tho I went there for undergrad).

Edited by alexa.el
Added in type of program

Has anyone heard from University of Houston? I saw one person had an email interview at the end of January, but they didn't specify whether or not they got an invitation to an interview weekend. It has been very quiet from the schools I applied to...too quiet. 

Edited by QuickFelix

On January 18, 2017 at 9:02 AM, kristincas said:

Me too!  I want to email them so badly.  I mean, you can always say you have another offer to make your bugging them seem justified...  but I don't want to lie!  At least there aren't that many I/O results posted yet.  

Do NOT do that! 

Sorry I don't have any info to share regarding admissions, but to those who applied to Rice: I did my undergrad there and worked with/had classes with a number of the I/O faculty, and if anyone chose Dr. Hebl as their POI (don't know if she was accepting students or not), she is AMAZING. Just so you know... :)

Hey guys I just wanted to throw my list out there to see if anyone else is applying to the same schools! All master's programs:

Appalachian State

Minnesota State

Xavier

Villanova (Human Resources Development)

IUPUI

East Carolina