Fall 2017 I/O Psych Applicants

wecanalldothis2017

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello folks,

I know this is a thread for 2017 Ph.D. applications. However, I could not find any such thread for this year. I would really appreciate your help as I am a bit lost. 

I am an international student with M.A. in IO Psychology from University of Mumbai. I have good grades in my BA (81.33%) and MA (66%)- we don't have GPA scoring in Mumbai University. I have a couple of paper presentations and 6 research projects completed during my BA and MA years.

Plus, I have a 3 month research based internship (was offered pre placement offer) and 2 years of solid work experience in Corporate HR Department at a reputed MNC. It is a research based profile (3 large scale research projects completed) with focus on OB, Psychometrics and Statistics- have some great projects and awards at work here.

My GRE scores are 156Q, 164V and 4.5 for AWA.

My research interest is primarily in performance management (studying interactions of changing workforce, technological disruption and increased sociocultural focus on individualism on meaning and measurement of performance at work)- have completed two annual cycles of constructing and implementing performance management system in my organisation- with a large OD initiative in place.

Any advice if I have a fighting chance in top 10 IO Psychology Ph.D. programs? Any help is welcome guys! Thanks.