Secured PDF transcripts

dreamsfrombunkerhill

Hi all,

I've been attaching official secured PDF transcripts to several graduate school applications.  Two of my transcripts are supplied by "TranscriptsNetwork" (a Credentials Solution offshoot) and one is from University of Pittsburgh's own online system.  I sent these transcripts to myself, meaning I am the "intended recipient" of all these "Third-Party Secure PDFs."

When I attached them to some applications, I received an error message that a password protected/encrypted file cannot be accepted by the system.  Should I be worried that this is the case for ALL applications, even the ones that haven't given me this kind of error message?  Will no one but me be able to open these electronic transcripts?  I suppose the best solution is to print the transcripts out, scan them, and then upload them to applications, but University of Pittsburgh clearly states that printed transcripts will read "VOID" across each page.

Any ideas? Thanks!

With those types of systems, the document can only be opened by the recipient. What you will need to do is have the transcripts sent directly to the school.

Unfortunately this sucks, since you will probably be charged for each transcript that you sent to each school.

In addition to the above advice, you can also check directly with the school whether or not they need official electronic transcripts, or if unofficial electronic transcripts will do. If it's the latter, then it doesn't matter if the transcript reads VOID across the page because it's an unofficial one anyways.