Penn GSE

day_manderly

18 minutes ago, isa-misa said:

Yes, they all went out today for the doctoral weekend event. Some interviews may be conducted one-on-one after the event via phone or Skype. 

Did the invited for Skype (for international students, I assume) go out as well?

Edited by day_manderly

29 minutes ago, isa-misa said:

Yes, they all went out today for the doctoral weekend event. Some interviews may be conducted one-on-one after the event via phone or Skype. 

That's good to know. Seems like only one person posted?

7 hours ago, isa-misa said:

Thanks. That would include EdD students, then, as it is the same doctoral weekend? I would think so. A little disappointed since I had a good relationship with some of the faculty from my master's. 

Hi, @mjl89. I am sorry to say that I think that they were all sent out. I emailed my Penn Master's advisor, who wrote my LOR, to let him know that I did not think I'd be returning to Penn next year, and he did not correct me (though, for the record, he was very supportive). It wouldn't hurt to shoot an email tomorrow, but it doesn't look too good for us. Again, sorry to be the bearer of bad news. 

Good luck to everyone. 

4 hours ago, mr_r said:

Hi, @mjl89. I am sorry to say that I think that they were all sent out. I emailed my Penn Master's advisor, who wrote my LOR, to let him know that I did not think I'd be returning to Penn next year, and he did not correct me (though, for the record, he was very supportive). It wouldn't hurt to shoot an email tomorrow, but it doesn't look too good for us. Again, sorry to be the bearer of bad news. 

Good luck to everyone. 

Not sure how accurate this is. I was trying to update my materials early this week, like my fall quarter transcript as well as other documents. The admission office emailed me back and took my updated materials and told me they would put them into my application package. That was Tuesday, and my package is still under "ready for review". 

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know the timelines of notification for any of the rolling M.S.Ed. programs? I applied to the teaching, learning and leadership program in December, and the receipt of all my application materials was confirmed by 1st Jan. Not sure if I'll hear back in March like most other programs or earlier because Penn has a rolling admissions policy...

4 hours ago, Int_EdPolicy said:

Does anyone know the timelines of notification for any of the rolling M.S.Ed. programs? I applied to the teaching, learning and leadership program in December, and the receipt of all my application materials was confirmed by 1st Jan. Not sure if I'll hear back in March like most other programs or earlier because Penn has a rolling admissions policy...

I don't know the timeline for certain, but I applied to one of the M.S.Ed programs in late October- I heard back earlier this month with an acceptance letter and a scholarship offer; I think April is the deadline for rejecting/accepting the offer. I don't know if this information will help with knowing what is up with your app, but I figured I would share. 

5 hours ago, dragontime said:

I don't know the timeline for certain, but I applied to one of the M.S.Ed programs in late October- I heard back earlier this month with an acceptance letter and a scholarship offer; I think April is the deadline for rejecting/accepting the offer. I don't know if this information will help with knowing what is up with your app, but I figured I would share. 

That is useful info, thanks! One can assume they take 2-3 months in replying, so i'll probably be hearing back around the same time as the other programs.

@tgcaccount I contacted admissions earlier this week and they confirmed that, yes, all PhD weekend invites have gone out as posters above already stated.

Guess I just needed to hear it directly myself. Ouch. I hate not being invited to the party! Always did. 

Hello everyone,

Does anyone have an idea if the international students are also invited to PhD weekend? If not, does it mean that I can be hopeful that there's still a chance, albeit slightly, for us to recieve an invitation for a Skype interview?  

Thanks in advance and good luck on your applications! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2017 at 9:33 AM, cokpala said:

I was accepted to Penn's IEDP-M today. Anyone else?

@cokpala: Congratulations! This is fantastic news. :) I've applied to the same program.

Turned in the application late December but thanks to the long process of international transcripts evaluation, my application is being considered only this week. 

22 hours ago, ChaiL said:

@cokpala: Congratulations! This is fantastic news. :) I've applied to the same program.

Turned in the application late December but thanks to the long process of international transcripts evaluation, my application is being considered only this week. 

Thank you! Sending hopeful thoughts your way!

Edited by cokpala

On 2/17/2017 at 9:33 AM, cokpala said:

I was accepted to Penn's IEDP-M today. Anyone else?

Congratulations!!

I have applied to the M.S.Ed. in Education Policy. I turned in my application only in late January. Does anyone know when I am expected to hear from them? Since Penn GSE has rolling applications, I'm not sure when to expect a response from them.