PhD Applicants Fall 2017

aj_h

8 hours ago, marcphoenix said:

Columbia Epi says decisions will be sent in late February. 

Aren't they conducting interviews though? Both NYU & Columbia did interviews last year.

On 1/20/2017 at 0:34 PM, neuroticnancy said:

I was asked for Skype interviews for Harvard's PhD Population Health Sciences (Social and Behavioral Sciences track). I also was asked to interview at Brown Epidemiology PhD (requested Wednesday) and Hopkins health Policy and Management PhD ( requested last week).

Waiting to hear back from a couple more - good luck everyone!

On 1/20/2017 at 8:22 PM, KAR30 said:

Congrats! Were you contaced by a faculty member at Harvard? 

Not initially but phone conversations were with faculty. Sorry for the delay!

15 hours ago, epiforme said:

Re: Harvard PHS PhD, I heard from a current student I was connected with that this is the first year they are doing interviews?

It does seem as if it is relatively standard now - and that it's a relatively long "short list." Do you happen to know ~ people are admitted? I'm guessing since I didn't receive an interview invite that I did not move forward.

1 hour ago, JSnow said:

It does seem as if it is relatively standard now - and that it's a relatively long "short list." Do you happen to know ~ people are admitted? I'm guessing since I didn't receive an interview invite that I did not move forward.

Admitted to which track? SBS? I'm not sure. :( I applied for nutrition. 

Maybe it's also possible that interviews are only to seek clarifications on parts of your application, and thus not everybody would have to do one? So you may still be under consideration. I wouldn't rule anything out until you officially hear back. Maybe email them and ask? 

1 hour ago, JSnow said:

I'm still wondering this too. Does no interview mean that we didn't move to the next phase of the admission process? Hoping someone has the answer!

On 1/22/2017 at 2:09 PM, Ravenclaw said:

Anyone hear from Hopkins- Health, Behavior and Society?

HBS doesn't interview :) (source: I'm a current HBS masters student who asked the dept chair)

On January 21, 2017 at 2:55 PM, joshre01 said:

Chronic disease/social epi -- so far, I applied to 7 schools (UNC,Yale,Drexel,OSU,Maryland,USouthCarolina,Pittsburgh). 1 more to go (Colorado)! How about you?

It looks like at least one person heard back from UNC (posted in results today). I applied to only 2 other schools! It seems like UNC may stagger their acceptances somewhat based on previous years.

10 minutes ago, EpiPhDGal said:

It looks like at least one person heard back from UNC (posted in results today). I applied to only 2 other schools! It seems like UNC may stagger their acceptances somewhat based on previous years.

Hi!  Can I ask what results page you're talking about?  Anxious to hear back from UNC! 

Hey guys, just a follow up from my question yesterday regarding interviews for Harvard's PHS program (epi stream) - I got a skype interview request today from the program. The email suggests that there is a short (not sure how short) list and that they are in fact interviewing those candidates. It seems like emails have been going out over the past few days and may continue to go out so I wouldn't be pessimistic just yet if you haven't heard anything.

6 hours ago, neuroticnancy said:

Not initially but phone conversations were with faculty. Sorry for the delay!

No worries. Congrats again! Out of curiosity, what are your research interests within SBS?

3 hours ago, EpiPhDGal said:

Yeah, I really hope we hear from UNC soon! 

Hi all! Has anyone heard from Boston University re their prospective PhD students day? I had a phone interview for the Health Services Research program on January 13 and haven't heard anything yet...

12 minutes ago, HB6 said:

Hi all! Has anyone heard from Boston University re their prospective PhD students day? I had a phone interview for the Health Services Research program on January 13 and haven't heard anything yet...

I applied to the Epidemiology program and haven't heard anything

40 minutes ago, HB6 said:

Same for health services research. Nothing since my phone interview earlier in the month.

13 hours ago, tyler2 said:

Hey guys, just a follow up from my question yesterday regarding interviews for Harvard's PHS program (epi stream) - I got a skype interview request today from the program. The email suggests that there is a short (not sure how short) list and that they are in fact interviewing those candidates. It seems like emails have been going out over the past few days and may continue to go out so I wouldn't be pessimistic just yet if you haven't heard anything.

Hey tyler2, huge congrats for your interview! I also applied to the PHS epi stream, unfortunately I've heard nothing yet...which Area of Specialization did you choose?

On 1/22/2017 at 11:56 PM, Equipoise17 said:

Congratulations! What are your interests? What other programs did you apply to? 

Thanks! I also applied to UAB, Emory and USC (South Carolina). My interests are in the role of psychosocial stressors in racial disparities in CVD and cognitive function. What about you? (Sorry if you already posted this and I missed it!)

Edited by JLA17